Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dandkam1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2015, 03:00 PM
    Will HR even consider my application after being terminated from another hospital
    I worked as an RN for 18 years, I never had any problems. My last job was in a big hospital for 2.5 years until last week. This past winter I went through a really bad divorce and I called out one to many times. I was put on probation for 6 months. Ironically, after 5 months and 30 days I got really sick and I could not go in. Now I would like to apply for another hospital butI feel like putting on a job application "terminated" , HR will send my resume straight to the trash bin. I am a good nurse but I'm to scared to even apply.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2015, 03:14 PM
    Tell them the truth.
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Aug 11, 2015, 03:19 PM
    Yes, tell the truth and be sure to put it in detail, not just terminated.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2015, 06:06 PM
    Tell them... and tell them the truth because they WILL fire you if you lie and get hired... no matter how long it takes before the truth comes out.

Don't apply and they certainly won't give you a shot. In which case its your fault and not theirs.

I do understand their perspective on the attendance issue...thats how the job I have opened up...I would have showed up sick and made them send me home....if it was my job on the line.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 12, 2015, 02:00 AM
    Yes, explain the situation. Also after this many years, how about friends, contacts, places you worked before, that you left on good terms. Can you go back to previous places.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Incorrect dates on job application... can the application be corrected? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, This is a question coming from Texas. I am in the market for a new job in higher education and recently received a great offer. I will be finalizing paperwork and turning in authorization for background check next week. When I was getting my documents together for my meeting with the...

Is ITIN application and tax refund application different? [ 2 Answers ]

I applied for ITIN with my tax return this year. Do I need to apply again for my tax return separately or tax return application with ITIN is sufficient?

Pending appeal of your old application for benefits, can you file new application? [ 1 Answers ]

Pending appeal of your old application for benefits, can you file new application?

Application to accelerate & application to revoke [ 14 Answers ]

Application to accelerate and application to revoke? What are the different. :cool:

F-1 status terminated due to green card application, pay FICA? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am an international student who did an internship using CPT this summer. My employer did not withhold FICA taxes from my wages or the sign on bonus I received in December. Prior to school, I filed my taxes as a resident alien and last year (F-1 status but all wages from H-1B period),...

View more questions Search