Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wendy1965 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2015, 06:35 PM
    I am washing clothes and my toilet keeps overflowing and there is crap or dirt in tub
    Help Please.

I am washing clothes and went into my bathroom, which is next to my laundry room and my toilet was overflowing and there was also a backup in my bathtub, and it either has dirt or crap in it. What do I do ? How can I fix this and stop it from happening. We live in the city and are on the city sewer system In Springfield,Ohio.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2015, 06:50 PM
    You have a plugged up drain, the Washer pumps out from a higher level than the toilet or tub drains so it will come up at any lower point... Call a plumber and have it snaked out to the street. Might be worth having a camera run through it to make sure you don't have any collapsed pipes or other problems that will cause the situation to recur with regularity in the future.

Aug 10, 2015, 06:53 PM
    Thank you.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 19, 2015, 05:22 PM
    Smoothy hit it right on the nail. Take his advise and check accordingly. Good luck, Tom

Aug 19, 2015, 05:26 PM
    Yup thanks everyone. I call my plumber and he had to cut out roots that looked more like branches , and he also put in a larger 6 inch pipe. The old pipe was three inches in diameter. And you could not get a big enough blade int ere to chew them up.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2015, 07:09 PM
    I think you just saved yourself a world of problems down the road... and in the long run, you saved yourself money.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet keeps overflowing and backing up into tub. Help! [ 12 Answers ]

Our plumbing situation has been plaguing us for too long now. Back in May 2011 the main sewer line had a massive clog and resulted in it backing up into our bathtub and toilet and basically coating our entire bathroom in city sewer filth. After that mishap things seemed to be fine but then we...

Toilet overflowing when washing machine discharges. [ 6 Answers ]

I have been in this house for 6+ years and have recently started having this problem. No changes in plumbing or appliances have been made. When my washing machine discharges it is bubbling the soapy water back into my toilet causing it to overflow and is also backing up a bit in the sink but not...

Washing Machine overflowing downstairs toilet. [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, Every time we use our washing machine, it overflows the toilet during the rinse cycle. We have the regular sewage system and not a septic tank. How do I stop this?

Waters off Toilet and Tub are Still overflowing with water? [ 3 Answers ]

I have had the water company out here twice and they say everything is fine. I had them shut off the water to the house so I could find the problem. Still I have water flowing up into the toilet bowl and also backup into the bathtub. I have not water running on my part however it's like their sewer...

Toilet overflowing and tub draining slowly [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, This is my first question on this site; hope you can help! My toilet has been overflowing for about three days. Kept plunging it and it would be OK for awhile. Took a shower (bath/tub combo) yesterday and today and noticed that the tub is draining very slowly with lots of glurging as it goes...

View more questions Search