Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rafnus Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2015, 03:40 AM
    Suffering with GAD/breathlessness/Panic anxiety/Low mood.
    Dear Doctor,
    I am male 40 and suffering with GAD/breathlessness/Panic anxiety/Low mood (not depression)/ agoraphobia/loss of libido. Took imipramine 50mg and stelazine 2mg for last 6 years and also took amitriptyline 50mg for months but they are no more effective now. Currently I am taking escitalopram 15mg (tried 20mg also) but with esci only 60% normal. One doc told add bupropion 75 mg to esci or pregabalin 75 thrice to esci or stop all these and start desvenlafaxine. Two days onwards onwards I am taking Pristiq 50mg and esci 5mg, how long does it take to effect, can we add bupropion to pristiq later. Please kindly advise. I am addicted to chewing tobacco. I shall be highly obliged for the help done. Diagnosis: (PNS X-ray result Deviated Septum and PFT result Bronchial Hyper responsiveness and HBA1C 6.4%) (TMT, Echo, TSH, SGPT, Uric Acid, ESR, Chest X-ray, CBC, ECG, Trop-T = all normal) (CT Scan not done).
    I shall be highly obliged and grateful for the help done, I am very much effected with this problem Doctor. Kindly help.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 8, 2015, 04:39 AM
    This is a matter for your own medical practitioner as they have knowledge of your history and medication.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Aug 8, 2015, 04:50 AM
    I am sorry you have these problems, and you consider your doctor to be a 'problem doctor'.

What you might consider is taking all this detailed information on your medications, and book an appointment with another Doctor- I presume you are prescribed these medications by a psychiatrist for the disorders you mentioned.

Having a second opinion, and a new assessment of your situation, might be a good idea.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 8, 2015, 05:14 AM
    I think he omitted a crucial comma between problem and doctor.

In a perfect world, you would be tested for medical problems and assessed for psychiatric problems at the same time. I would wonder when and how slowly or suddenly your symptoms started.
    A common report of WOMEN with undetected heart disease is a set of symptoms that include panic, GAD, and shortness of breath. Many are sent home with anti-anxiety drugs, and later have a heart attack.
    You are male, but have your had a cardiogram?

When did you start to chew tobacco?
    If I were you, I would wean myself off tobacco before anything else. Chew nicotine gum or get a nicotine patch from your doctor.
    You will save yourself from throat or mouth cancer anyway.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 8, 2015, 06:40 AM
    How many doctors do you see that are prescribing you these meds?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Panic attacks and anxiety. [ 0 Answers ]

I am 18 years old and suffer from severe panic attacks and anxiety. I understand that a lot of the symptoms I experience are because I am over reacting and thinking about it too much, but I worry that what I think is myself over reacting could really be something serious. Any suggestions on how I...

Am I suffering from anxiety? And what do I do about it? [ 2 Answers ]

I keep panicking about things and I get really upset and shaky, it happens quite a lot when I worry about my boyfriend.. he has done nothing wrong I just get really worried we are going to break up.. he gives me no reason to think this most of the time. This is not the only thing that makes me feel...

I'm falling back into the anxiety and panic again, should I start Lexapro again? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello: I was on Lexapro up until 3 months ago, before that I was on it for about 2 years. I went from 10mg to 20mg halfway through. I weaned myself off it about 3 months ago, mainly because of the cost (with no health insurance and no money, it's pretty much not possible to buy it). It became...

Anxiety, Depression, Panic Disorder! [ 5 Answers ]

I feel like I no longer exsist Like if I am in a dream I can even go outside anymore Its messing up my life. What can I do?

Anxiety Panic [ 4 Answers ]

As many people have said that their symptoms are not voluntary actions and are not intentional but their impulsive. When people are not aware of the panic or anxiety attacks a person has what then should the person who has the disorder do if the other person isn't aware of their disorder?...

View more questions Search