Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Eman Allam Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2015, 06:39 AM
    Journal Entry for Merchandising
    Sold merchandise for 300,000 for cash ( cost 60% of selling price )
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2015, 09:23 AM
    You will have two journal entries (one for the sale and one for the cost of merchandise) or one compound journal entry.

For the sale you will Debit Cash for the amount received and Credit Sales Revenue for the amount of the sale.

For the cost of merchandise you will Debit Cost of Goods Sold for 60% of the selling price and Credit Merchandise Inventory for the same amount

For the compound journal entry simply combine the 2 journal entries into 1 journal entry.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Periodic Merchandising Adjusting Entry [ 7 Answers ]

I am trying to make an adjusting entry under the periodic inventory system. The beginning balance of merchandise inventory was $123,900 and the ending balance was $134,150. I am unclear how to write the entry because inventory increased. Merchandise Inventory 10,250 Purchases ...

What do I debit/credit in journal entry/adjusting entry? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I am unsure about the correct way to debit/credit these entries. Can someone help me? Window Washing Company opened on July 1, 2010. During July the following transactions were completed: July 1 Issued 14,456 shares of common stock for $14,456 cash. July 1 Purchased used truck for...

Merchandising businesses journal entry [ 2 Answers ]

I was hopping that someone would look at these 2 journal entries and tell me if I am on the right track?? Please and Thank you. This accounting is killing me. HA HA I purchased merchandise from the Graham Co. for $9000, terms 1/10, n/30. I journalized this entries as: Merchandise Inventory...

View more questions Search