Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fred Robertson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2015, 07:06 PM
    Minor UTI?
    I think I have a minor UTI and I was wondering if there are any over the counter medications to buy at a local drugstore.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 6, 2015, 07:49 PM
    There are 2 kinds, yeast and bacteria.
    Bacteria must be treated with antibiotics, only available by prescription, in the US anyway.
    Yeast can be treated with Monistat, OTC.
    But you need to know what you have. It isn't good to guess.
    Assuming from your ID that you are male, and given that often yeast in men isn't noticed, odds are that yours is bacterial.
    Sexual partners can give infections back and forth to each other, over and over, unless both of you are treated at the same time.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 7, 2015, 02:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Robertson View Post
    I think I have a minor UTI and I was wondering if there are any over the counter medications to buy at a local drugstore.
    There are only a few reasons for penile UTIs, in line catheters, diabetes, kidney stones, compromised immune systems.
    Of course an uncircumcised penis is an invitation for infection if regular cleaning under the foreskin is not done.

If if you have any seepage from your penis, get checked out. We cannot disgnose you on line.

And no, nothing over the counter for a UTI. This has to be cleared up with a series of antibiotics.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 7, 2015, 04:37 AM
    If you're a guy, you go to a doctor, or public/private health clinic, and get checked properly. Anything less is irresponsible.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Aug 7, 2015, 07:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    If you're a guy, you go to a doctor, or public/private health clinic, and get checked properly. Anything less is irresponsible.
    I would remove the male qualifier and say to go to a doctor and get checked out.

In many places antibiotics are prescription only because they can be dangerous if used without the proper knowledge of what it is being used on, how, and for how long. It is easy to take them until you feel better but you haven't finished the course and could have a recurrence or worse created and grew a strain resistant to the antibiotic you've been taking. A doctor will be able to diagnose and properly treat the infection. It might be as simple as going to get a oral anti-fungal or topical anti-fungal crème.
    carol brown Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2015, 05:57 AM
    Hi,
    It is better to get prescription from doctor as later on if it will not be treated completely then it can cause problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have uti since 2 months,my semen is concentrate n yellow now is it happens in uti? [ 1 Answers ]

Sir I have urinary tract infection since two months,now my semen is more concentrate and yellow.I want to know that in uti is it common?

Minor dating a minor.3 year difference, does it matter? [ 13 Answers ]

OK I turn 16 on April 28th, this girl turns 13 in September, I thought I heard something about a law stating something about it being illegal for someone to date 3 years younger than them. She's just a couple months off,and she is really mature, but I'm worried about her parents being able to...

If a minor misses court date, who gets in trouble? Guardian and/or the minor? [ 1 Answers ]

If a 16-year-old with a court date (stealing, $100) doesn't show up for the appointment, does the guardian get in trouble alone, or the 16-year-old as well? State is TN.

My minor nephew molested my minor daughter [ 8 Answers ]

Approximately 10 years ago, my sister and her children visited for a weekend of swimming. My daughter, then about 6 or 7, went up to her bedroom and was followed by my 14 or so year old nephew. My daughter has recently told us he approached her and touched her either through her suit or around...

Minor minor accident [ 3 Answers ]

Hi guys,nice to be here again... I just want to ask about my friend's case and I can't give her any opinion because I'm not sure what should I tell her. The story was, she hit a car in front of her on the side street, but it when they check the back of the car, there was no any scratches or dent or...

View more questions Search