Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KatelinLuv21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2007, 10:01 AM
    Statutory Rape?
    Would it be considered illegal for me, a 16 year old to be dating and having sex with an 18 year old, in New York?
    TheSavage Posts: 564, Reputation: 96

Apr 11, 2007, 10:09 AM
    As of 2003 no -- but law might have changed since then -- Savage
    Statutory Rape Laws by State
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 11, 2007, 11:02 AM
    According to my information it would be considered statutory rape still.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2007, 03:19 PM
    Take a look at this website: New York - Age of Consent

It seems that it is okay since you are within 4 years of each other, and you are not under 14.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Statutory rape. [ 3 Answers ]

Dear Readers, from what i beleive, statutory rape is anyone who is older than Age of Consent, And someone who is younger, i am currently 14 and live in Canada, and my boyfriend has just turned 18. i will soon be 15 ( March ):) and Canadian Age Of Consent Laws Age Is 14.:) does...

Can my mother press charges for statutory rape if I gave consent [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 14 and I might be pregnant my boyfriend is 19 and I'm wondering canmy mother press charges for statutory rape if I'm pregnant and if I gave consent to have an intimate relationship with him?.

Rape [ 5 Answers ]

OK a couple of boys in my school were taken for rape actually a gang bang rape but only 3 boys were involved. But the 2 accessories are in there too but the accessories didn't know what was going on they never new. Also the girl is only 12 years old and the boys that raped had sex with her are 19!...

Hello - Statutory Rape? [ 8 Answers ]

In 2004, I met a guy who was involved with an acquaintance who had been dating him for years on end. She introduced me to him as he was seventeen, I was twenty at the time, blah blah blah.. I began dating him shortly thereafter. His family welcomed me in and told me that we had to be careful that...

View more questions Search