Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TheNewJimJones Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2015, 11:04 AM
    Need Information Abou tTiny White Insects
    I just thought it couldn't hurt to come and ask here about whatever this species is because I'm having a sort of a infestation at home and any information would be helpful and greatly appreciated. I work for my dad in and around 5 to 6 big greenhouses filled with many types of plants. I'm usually wet from watering or covered in soil after shoveling and unloading the cargo van by myself. For the past two months I've noticed not so much of a white insect swarm, but more like a thin white mist in and around the house which is surrounded by plants.They make a low buzzing sound and are very very tiny. They usually look white. I really can't get a good photo of these things because zooming distorts the resolution and all it shows is frizzles. These insects are fast and I don't think they biting me. It feels more like a prickling feeling like they are clinging to my cloths. They don't seem to be bothering anyone else in the house and to be honest I don't think I would have ever noticed them if they didn't leave these tiny little paper cuts on my fingers every so often so often when they are in constant use such as typing to changing channels with the remote or picking up things. Also, I don't have a history of mental illness.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2015, 05:50 PM
    HMMM.. . but more like a thin white mist... They don't seem to be bothering anyone else in the house. Never saw any insect like that.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Aug 5, 2015, 04:04 AM
    Possible suspects would be THRIPS Thrips Management Guidelines--UC IPM
    PSOCIDS Psocids : Insects : University of Minnesota Extension
    Or SPRINGTAILS Springtails Management Guidelines--UC IPM

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tiny White Insects in Home [ 5 Answers ]

So the other day I was sitting around and found a tiny white bug crawling on me. I was able to make out a few details with it. I tried searching for a match but so far have yet to come up with anything. They're small, about half the size of a grain of rice, white and thin with short antennae. I...

White rice looking insects found on bed [ 1 Answers ]

As I was making my bed I notices a white rice looking insect crawling very slowly on my sheet can you please tell me what they can be and how to get rid of them

What are tiny white insects on wood [ 1 Answers ]

I saw what I thought was dust on my dresser but when I looked closer something was moving & it was a very tiny white insect

Small white bug/insects in house [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I have noticed small like bug/insect things in my house I have seen them on wood furniture and some boxes. They are really small they are no bigger than about 1-2cm if you look closely they do have legs I'm not sure how many. They are really white that they are almost transparent, I've looked...

White Zigzag Machine information [ 0 Answers ]

I am kind of in a fix. My grandmother died and left several things behind. I am trying to find out about a White Zigzag sewing machine, model 65A, serial number 731194. Judging by the casing of the machine it looks early 50's to 70's. It is a cabinet model, with the fold over top and machine hidden...

View more questions Search