Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    techtimdavis Posts: 103, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2015, 07:37 AM
    How can I print to my wired network printer using a wifi device?
    I have an hp laserjet 1300 printer hard wired to my network. Prior to upgrading wo windows 10 I was able to print to this printer from all devices on my network whether they were wired or wireless. Now since upgrading to windows 10 the only way I can print to this printer is when I hard wire the device I want to print from to the network. Is this a Windows 10 issue? I also have my printer assigned to a static ip address on the network.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Aug 4, 2015, 07:44 AM
    The Win 10 upgrade did expose some wireless problems. Go to the windows support community to review the questions and answers
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2015, 07:56 AM
    You may have to redo the sharing of the printer.

I think these steps still apply to Win10: Share a printer - Windows Help

Aug 5, 2015, 08:44 AM
    If I connect my laptop to the network via ethernet I can ping the ip address of the printer and print with no problems. However, if I unplug my laptop ethernet cable and connect to the network wireless, I am not able to ping the ip address of the printer the ping times out. The only things that have changed is that I have recently moved to a new address, but the equipment is still the same, but I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10. When I am connected wireless, it shows the printer as offline. When I connect the ethernet cable I am able to access the printer via web browser and I can print to it.

Aug 5, 2015, 09:01 AM
    I fixed this issue. I did some checking in the router and I realized that I had wireless isolation enabled which was only giving me internet access only and not access to other devices on the network. Thanks for everyone's responses.
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2015, 09:16 AM
    I realized that I had wireless isolation enabled
    Did you figure out how that happened? I'm upgrading one of my computers to Win10 tonight.

Aug 5, 2015, 09:21 AM
    Yeah when I was checking the settings in my router I accidentally turned on wireless isolation which gives all wireless devices access to the internet, but will not allow them to access other devices on the network such as printers and other computers. Upgrading to windows 10 should be fine, I thought my problem was related to upgrading to windows 10 but it was a setting in my router.
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2015, 10:18 AM
    Ok, cool. Glad you got it sorted out, nice troubleshooting.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Printer works, but can't get it to print email, doc's from word (will print header/fo [ 0 Answers ]

Something went wrong with my printer... the printer actually works, but will not print from email attachments... So, I tried to print from a document I had already saved on Word, it only printed the header and footer but did not print the content of the page. When I do "print preview' it looks...

I select print from Yahoo email, the lexmark printer Z517 will only print in color [ 1 Answers ]

Just connected a lexmark printer Z517, put a new color and black ink cart in and installed the driver, it won't print in black, color. Part of the black text will not print. Could the black ink cart be bad as I bought it from walmart.

How to get Epson R280 printer to print black only even though it is a color printer? [ 1 Answers ]

Was wondering why I cannot get my Epson R280 to print black only, as all my colors are empty?

Mapping network drive over wired/wireless network [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I have a problem and have been looking for an answer for a week or two now. I hope someone here can help me because it's hard for our business to function without this mapped drive. Here's the deal. I manage my company's network, which was until recently shared between two buildings by...

Usb wifi modem device not working properly [ 2 Answers ]

Every time I try to connect to internet through a usb-wifi it says local only and as a result of this status I am not able to browse. Meanwhile other laptop in this range are working fine. I can't understand why this device is behaving very odd

View more questions Search