Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Aug 4, 2015, 07:28 AM
    Realestate Question
    I am going to try to sale my home in South Carolina near Myrtle Beach. First of all I will try to sale it myself. Don't have to sell but now I don't have a reason to go there anymore. Question, are there any Relators that will list for less than the 7-8%. Hate to fork over 10-12K to someone who sales my place for 2 weeks work. Also what is a good way to contract a Relator, as far as time to contract,
    Maintenance of property etc.

Forgot to tell that I am going to try to sale with the home being furnished first, as all of the furnishings are like grand new.
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2015, 07:31 AM
    Check out forsalebyowner.com

Aug 4, 2015, 07:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2011 View Post
    Check out forsalebyowner.com
    That was a quick response thanks Oliver. I also just read on here about maybe doing a rent to own as a good path to follow. Thanks again.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2015, 05:46 PM
    Be very careful on Rent to own. Make sure you get a BIG deposit, Non refundable. Myrtle Beach is a tough selling market. My sister has a home in Longs and has given up selling it and just rents it. 7-8% is high. I just sold a house in Atlanta, $300K+, 6% commission. Sold and closed in 45 days. Remember, the realtor doesn't get all the commission.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 4, 2015, 07:09 PM
    Selling a home is trickier than it looks. You will likely need a lawyer, did you know that?

Aug 4, 2015, 07:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1 View Post
    Selling a home is trickier than it looks. You will likely need a lawyer, did you know that?
    I will be using the Lawyer that did the settlement when I bought the place. Also want to thank everyone who has responded so far.

Aug 4, 2015, 07:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ma0641 View Post
    Be very careful on Rent to own. Make sure you get a BIG deposit, Non refundable. Myrtle Beach is a tough selling market. My sister has a home in Longs and has given up selling it and just rents it. 7-8% is high. I just sold a house in Atlanta, $300K+, 6% commission. Sold and closed in 45 days. Remember, the realtor doesn't get all the commission.
    Need to research the Rent to Buy before I go that route if necessary. My place is 5 blocks from the beach so it may go pretty fast if the price is right.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 5, 2015, 01:52 AM
    I listed my house on zillow for free. Huge viewing public.
    Let us know if you put it there? I'd love to see it!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 5, 2015, 05:09 AM
    I don't have a reason to go there anymore.
    That part bothers me. I sold my first home on my own, but I lived in it. If you do not live in the area, then I would not try this on my own.

As for rent to own, that is a viable way to go, but again, you need someone on site to manage the property.

Aug 5, 2015, 05:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    That part bothers me. I sold my first home on my own, but I lived in it. If you do not live in the area, then I would not try this on my own.

As for rent to own, that is a viable way to go, but again, you need someone on site to manage the property.
    Reason: My wife passed away after 53 years of marriage.
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2015, 06:18 AM
    Oh wow that sucks. Sorry to hear that. But 53 years - that's a long marriage. You should write a story on how you made it.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 5, 2015, 05:02 PM
    My condolences. But that's not what I meant. I' wasn't concerned about why you don't have a reason to go there, my concern was that it means you weren't in the area. Trying to sell or rent a property when you are not near it, is asking for trouble.

Aug 5, 2015, 05:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    My condolences. But that's not what I meant. I' wasn't concerned about why you don't have a reason to go there, my concern was that it means you weren't in the area. Trying to sell or rent a property when you are not near it, is asking for trouble.
    Thanks, I think you are right.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Realestate Landcontract [ 2 Answers ]

I have a rental, with a mortgage I would like to sell it to my son on a Land contract. Should I set this up as an LLC first, under a different name? I can I sell it to him for $1000.00, he takes over the payments? Would he qualify for the new tax credit that is out there for new...

Realestate contract [ 1 Answers ]

If I had signed a realestate contract agreeing to sell my home and later for personal reasons I decide not to sell, do I still owe the realestate agent a commission or how can I cancel the contract.

Realestate ? [ 3 Answers ]

What is a h o e a

Realestate law [ 3 Answers ]

I just received a notice telling me I have a lean on my house... what does this mean?

Slump in Realestate Market how to negoiate a realestate deal on new house [ 4 Answers ]

Want to purchase a new house which has constructed already which is a year old never Bought by anyone, A realestate is listing the house, however since the realestate market Is in a slump. Want to know the best way to negoiate a good price without paying the fulling asking price for it which...

View more questions Search