Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    theresamj777 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2015, 07:28 PM
    Hot Water Heater
    Just bought a home... and got as far as moving the Hot Water Heater from Warm to the Half way mark... and the water is not yet hot enough... Can I just keep inching it up until I like where it is? Since it isn't a new home, and my first home, is there anything that I need to keep in mind?
    Thank you,
    Theresa
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2015, 04:36 AM
    Hi theresamj and welcome, yes inch it up until it's where you want it, it wouldn't hurt to flush the water heater since its new to you.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Aug 4, 2015, 04:37 AM
    Can I just keep inching it up until I like where it is?
    Yes, or you can set it 3/4 between warm and hot and see how you like it. If it is to hot, you can always lower the temperature. Give the water heater about 30 minutes to get up to new setting.
    theresamj777 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2015, 11:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by parttime View Post
    Hi theresamj and welcome, yes inch it up until it's where you want it, it wouldn't hurt to flush the water heater since its new to you.
    Thank you so much for prompt and thoughtful reply... I inadvertently flushed the hot water heater since the water was "yucko!" when I took ownership... it was empty for probably 45 days.
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2015, 12:16 PM
    Your welcome, ask all you "new homeowner" questions here and get plenty of expert advice. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water heater relief valve release hot water, but water not hot in the house [ 6 Answers ]

We can't get hot water to any faucet, so I checked water heater and opened relief valve briefly. Releif valve released hot water? Why would hot water not get to house?

No hot water coming out of hot water side only cold... hot water heater is working [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I need help bad. I am a woman writing to you whose husband has given up on the problem and will no longer work on this. He doesn't care if we have hot water cause he can take a shower at work. I cannot. It is the dead of winter here in Colorado. We had frozen pipes that burst in the wall...

New hot water heater installed, but no hot water pressure. Plenty of cold water? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I own a small plumbing service and have a problem I've never encountered before. I installed a new top vented gas water heater for a customer. Turned the main back on, bled air out of the lines, etc. Problem is there is no hot water pressure throughout the house. Cold water pressure is fine....

I have very low hot water pressure from my hot water heafrom an electric water heater [ 0 Answers ]

I have very low water pressure from my hot water heater. I can't find anything wrong.. any ideas?

No hot water in shower and water heater affects both cold and hot water flow [ 1 Answers ]

1. No hot water coming from shower even though there is hot water coming from face basin in same bathroom and throughout the house( moen plumbing) 2. when water heater valve to house is turned off the cold water and hot water from shower does not flow, yet in other faucets throughout the house...

View more questions Search