Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Timeshareny Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2015, 06:00 PM
    My mother's entry permit expired. I am an American citizen
    About 18 months ago and after living in Europe and Caribbean I moved back to the USA and brought my mother along. For economical issues I couldn't apply for resident status and her entry permit has expired (about 1 year ago). She has a valid visa.

Now I am working in Asia and my family is innate USA. I am not sure we are moving here definitively yet but like to bring her over for a vacation.

We we are afraid that if she travel she may not be able to travel back to the USA, and we are not sure if we should apply for the residence before we move if we decide to do so...

I would like like to have her traveling in 3 weeks.

Please advise
    newacct Posts: 321, Reputation: 21

Aug 2, 2015, 09:40 PM
    What do you mean by "entry permit"? Do you mean the I-94? In other words, she has been out of status for 1 year? If so, if she left the US she would trigger a 10-year ban from coming back to the US. By the way, her visa is void because she overstayed.

You should help her do Adjustment of Status as soon as possible. She can apply for Advance Parole for free at the same time as applying for Adjustment of Status; she can get it in 3 months after applying. She should NOT leave the US until she either has the Advance Parole or has gotten her green card. She should not plan on traveling in 3 weeks.
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Aug 3, 2015, 06:51 PM
    I know this is of no help, but if your mother were Spanish there would be no problem.
    For some reason if one is trying to do things the right way they make it harder or near impossible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Greek citizen becoming an American citizen by marriage to an American [ 1 Answers ]

How can a greek citizen become an american citizen by marriage to an american

Can an American citizen easily file a divorce with a non-american citizen? [ 12 Answers ]

She entered through a K1 visa. She later decide to go back to her home country. Because of this, she couldn't get back to the US as she also had some troubles with visa. Can her husband file and process a divorce without his wife consent?

Born on US Naval Base in Philippines: Father American, Mother Filipino-citizen or no? [ 1 Answers ]

On July 10th 1986 I was born on a US Naval Base in the Philippines. My father was in the Navy at the time and I believe he was married to my Filipino mother. I moved to the US when I was 6 in 1992. I was issued a green card. I obviously also had a passport. Both are now gone and lost. I do not know...

French mother, american father 5 children then became us citizen [ 2 Answers ]

My mother was born in France, married my American father had 5 children, became a U.S. citizen then had another child. Are we eligible for dual citizenship between France and the U.S.

View more questions Search