Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bethbode Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2015, 08:59 AM
    Unlock Oak Crest roll top desk
    Just bought at 2nd hand store. Don't. Know year.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 2, 2015, 11:47 AM
    There isn't a second hand store in the world that will see a desk without getting it open to see if it contains anything valuable.
    Plus most of them have a box of old skeleton keys around.
    Call them and ask for the key. If it's locked now, chances are they are the ones who locked it!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 2, 2015, 06:47 PM
    Actually, I have bought several old desks and chests there were locked. And in a couple I found a few things of value, (well paid for the desk) So it does happen.

I went to a few second hand stores and bought a few old desk keys for one, on two others I had a local locksmith come out, he opened it, and ordered me a key.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get the drawers out of an Eagle Crest roll top secretary oak desk? [ 1 Answers ]

Cannot get the drawers out of an eagle crest roll top secretaries desk. There are no latches in back of drawers

Oak Crest Roll-Top Desk Compartments [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I'm new here, but I thought this seemed like the place to see if anyone had an answer since I've gotten quite a bit of information on this type of desk just by reading old posts! My friend just got an Oak Crest Roll-Top Desk from family storage and has been trying to figure out...

Unlock computer roll top desk? [ 1 Answers ]

Need help unlocking roll top desk. We just purchased a roll top desk for computers. We assembled it w/o no problems; however, after assembly was complete, my wife shut the roll top sliding drawer in order to see how it looked. Somehow, the roll top draw locked into place. The bad news is, the...

Quartersawn oak roll top accountant's desk [ 0 Answers ]

I would like info about the dealer in Florida who specializes in late 19th and early 20th century office furniture. I have a unique quartersawn oak roll top accountant's desk and what to know when it was made, by whom, and it's worth. Please help... mannteck

How do I unlock a roll top desk - top part? [ 3 Answers ]

Ow do I unlock a roll top desk - top part?

View more questions Search