Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    enredada1988 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2015, 08:12 AM
    Provided wrong GPA
    Hello!

I had no idea about GPA score until I started my college in the USA. In my country we just care about grades.

I have never been asked for my GPA until two weeks ago during a phone interview. I told the interviewer I just graduated 12/2014. He ask me what GPA did I graduate with. I honestly wasn't ready to provide this and responded with the first number that popped into my head: 3.8.

This stuck into my head, so I went online to check my unofficial transcript. I had no idea that there are different way to measure a GPA: GPA term and Accumulative GPA. Ends up that my accumulative GPA is only 3.476 which is WAY TO FAR from 3.8

Honestly I never meant to provided the wrong information, I know I should have responded during the phone call that I was not sure about that information and needed to confirm. I was simply nervous, never thought they will ask this, and felt like I needed to provide something.

This is so stupid considering that they are not looking into a GPA as a requirement, they care more about personality and experience. Anyway I know this can be taken as if I have lied to them. I don't know if the will believe my honest mistakes made of ignorance.

I made it to the final round. I am debating now between contacting HR director, leaving the process, or doing nothing and hoping they never ask which makes me really nervous.

Please advise.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 1, 2015, 07:00 PM
    3.4 is not TOO far from 3.8. When you get into the final interview you should bring up that you had to calculate your GPA and it was 3.4 instead of 3.8, should not bother a potential employer
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 2, 2015, 07:11 AM
    I agree, 3.4 is not that much different from a 3.8. I would not say anything at this point, Also most likely they will not even ask again or look.

But if they call you in for another interview, then during that time, you correct it.

Also, do not tell them, you did not know. If you were going to American University, every time you get your semester grades, the GPA is right there, with the total, Also when you graduated, the transcript tells you GPA.

After that, depending on University, a high GPA allows you to graduate with honors.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GPA help!! Please help me! [ 4 Answers ]

Ok I'm 14 and going to be a freshman, and I'm really worried about my future. In middle school I was a real idiot and didn't do well. So I got put in, in all regular classes. Nothing lower than average and nothing higher. But I really need to get into higher classes. Is there anyway to do this....

GPA for marquette [ 1 Answers ]

What GPA do you have to obtain to get into Marquette University?

About GPA [ 4 Answers ]

Hi! I would like to know what is GPA & how ll I calculate it. I am a final yr Btech student in India. Thanks.

View more questions Search