Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nugentoffer Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

Jul 31, 2015, 09:46 PM
    Can't figure out why my Cedar Elm tree is dying...
    I have been watering this tree about three times a week ever since it has gotten very hot here in Texas (90+ days for about month now).

I noticed a lot of leaves are yellowing... and my lawn is filled with fallen yellow elm leaves.

I noticed there is clear sticky sap coming out of the bark in some spots.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated to help save my tree.

Please click link below to see some pictures.

http://www.evernote.com/l/AW51JsrSvD...fMjWfZwHzc-Pc/
    sofarsogood Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2015, 10:36 AM
    The gum coming from the linear, diagonal lesion, under loosened bark plates, is a likely sign of fungal attack in the "sap stream" region of the trunk. The food manufactured in the leaves is heading to the roots to feed them. The fungus is (perhaps) cutting the flow, starving the roots, causing the leaves to drop. Where I live, infections such as this (may be) are usually a result of broken limbs or weedeater damage at the base. See if there is a plant pathologist available from the extension service. There may be no practical treatment once leaf drop has occurred.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

There is a deodar cedar tree in my rear garden, planted about 35 years ago, which is [ 1 Answers ]

There is a deodar cedar tree in my rear garden, planted about 35 years ago, which is now one and half times as high as the (two storey) house. It is located 5 metres from the rear wall of the house at the top of a sloping garden which is terraced. It is also about two metres from a drainage...

Dying tree [ 2 Answers ]

I planted crape myrtles in my full-sun front yard in May of this year. I just recently moved one to another spot and now it looks like it's dying. I water in almost everyday and I have used a root connector. What else can I do to save it, I love my trees.:)

My 12' healthy ficus tree is dying.How do I save my tree? [ 0 Answers ]

My Ficus tree were plant in my garden on a slopne for about a year. It doing very well. All the sudden the last two week couple of branches with the leafs start curling, turning yellow or brown and then fall off the branch. I cut of those two branches, now another branch, the leafs start doing the...

Tree Dying? [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I recently moved into a new home in a housing community. They provided us with a maple tree and planted it in our front yard. We removed the mulch around it when we did our landscaping and replaced it with river rocks. It has been very dry in our area this summer so far but we...

A dying tree? [ 2 Answers ]

I moved into a townhome 2yrs ago. And noticed last summer our tree in the front lost all its leaves in August. Now the tree has some greenish/grey mold on the trunk, don't know if that has anything to do w/it. Now that it's spring I don't think its looking good for my tree. Branches are falling off...

View more questions Search