Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KatiePo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2015, 12:14 AM
    Is it necessary to have a RMS software in place for a book store?
    I'm planning to venture into a new business which deals with books. It's more like a library and the idea is to begin on a small scale. Do I need to setup a RMS software? I've had a lot of people advising me to do so but then I'm still unclear.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 30, 2015, 03:28 AM
    They are a great tool, for inventory, ordering, and profit and loss reports, and bookkeeping.

No you need one? Nope. My friend has a fairly large book store, and still uses a small box to keep the money in. (only family work there)

30, 40 or more years ago there were no computer systems and stores operated just fine.

So do you need one? no. Are they a great tool and can help you. Yes.
    Brock321 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2015, 12:20 AM
    I totally agree with Fr_Chuck who has given a measured response to your query. It isn't necessary but it won't do you any harm if you have a software in place. Like he noted, it does offer you a great deal in terms of inventory, profit and loss reports as well as bookkeeping. My friend has a library wherein he has installed a RMS software from MicroHouse Systems which has fully automated his work. It is easier to store large amount of data and it's management. Hence, it is up to you to decide whether you need one or not. It isn't necessary though.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 5, 2015, 04:06 AM
    Starting on a small scale means just that - just start! Most small businesses really do start in a garage or kitchen, with very little money. Drive and determination are what matter. If it looks like it is going to be a success, then you spend money.

What is going to be unique about your books, going up against the book giants?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Name Of Show That Took Place At A Toy Store: 1970s - 1980s..? [ 3 Answers ]

This was a children's TV show that was on in the late '70s to around the early to mid '80s, it took place at a toy store -- and before you all chime in with Noddy, it was not Noddy -- the store was owned by an older man, and sometimes kids would come by and the toys would come to life, they'd move...

What is the difference between fundamintal and rms nuetral current? [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference between fundamintal and rms nuetral current?

Best Place to Buy Software Online [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone suggest a safe, reliable, and reasonably priced store to buy software online? Amazon lists some very inexpensive retailers, but these are places I've never heard of. One store called ANTOnline has an entire website devoted to it by a former customer, warning about their shady...

How to choose good place to start a toy store [ 5 Answers ]

Dear friends, I am writing to ask your kind help. I have worked in toy field for six years and especially know many about plush toy. Now I want to start a toy store by myself, the aim age is 0-12. But I worry about whether I can choose a good place, please give me some advice how to find a good...

Internet place to store large files [ 5 Answers ]

Are there any sites where you can upload-download large files (for free) as to exchange them with other guys? Thank you

View more questions Search