ryrhino Posts: 40, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2015, 07:40 AM
    How Do I Solve these Blue Screen Errors
    Hello,
    Windows 8.1 64 bit is my OS.

I have received the following blue screen errors the past few days

• Bad_pool_header
    • driver_corrupted_pool
    • page_fault_in_nonpaged_area(WiseTDIFw64.sys)

• driver_IRQL_not_less_or_equal(afd.sys)

I had been using Panda free antivirus but it blocked my internet connection so I switched to avast free. Is it possible that is the reason I have been getting the blue screens? If so how do I know if this caused the blue screens? I did a scan with avast and it did not find any viruses or malware. Malwarebytes scan found no detected objects.
    If that is not the reason what else is the cause of the issue? If it is a driver issue how do I check? Is it safe to replace a driver if needed?
    According to drive booster these are the current drivers needing updates.

If any of the above is not the issue what is the issue and how do I resolve the issue?
    Thanks for your help.
    Attached Images

NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2015, 08:10 AM
    You could go into Task Manager's StartUp tab and uncheck those programs causing issues as a troubleshooting step.

• page_fault_in_nonpaged_area(WiseTDIFw64.sys)
    This is related to the Wise Care product, stop it from starting at startup or uninstall it completely.

• driver_IRQL_not_less_or_equal(afd.sys)
    is your network card driver, best to get the latest driver.

I don't know the Driver Booster application. Often you can get driver updates from Windows Updates, are you all up-to-date with those?

Jul 29, 2015, 10:33 AM
    I have 9 optional Windows updates would you suggest I install all of them? Where should I get the network card driver from?
    I don't have any programs name Wise Care in my installed programs list.
    What do suggest my next steps be?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2015, 11:10 AM
    Start by uninstalling any unneeded or unrecognizable programs from Programs and Features, but do your research first.

For the optional updates you can install them but they likely aren't hardware driver updates since those are always named appropriately.

You can get those driver updates from your helper software, I did a little research and it seems legit.

Afterwards you can use the free version of Ccleaner's features.

Jul 29, 2015, 11:41 AM
    Is drive booster the helper software? Do you suggest updating all the drivers it lists? If not all of the drivers which ones should I update? When I updated drivers on a previous PC it messed it up so that I had to do a system restore to fix it. If I do update all the drivers hopefully that will not happen.
    Do you think if I update all the drivers that will resolve the blue screens I am getting?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 29, 2015, 05:56 PM
    I suggest that you also as part of this to check your hard drive for errors. You could have a bad sector and it coruppted the driver.

Then be sure to update all your drivers with the latest ones.

Aug 1, 2015, 05:00 AM
    Here are results of a WhoCrashed scan

Name:  2015-07-31 22_59_20-Local &Drivers.png
Views: 52
Size:  64.5 KB

Do these results mean that avast is the cause of the bsod? If so would you suggest uninstalling and reinstalling avast? If you think I should use a different antivirus which FREE antivirus do you suggest using?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 1, 2015, 09:45 AM
    You may want to examine this thread to see if it relates to you. Try some of the suggested methods and keep us posted.

Avast causing frequent BSOD's - Tech Support Guy

Aug 3, 2015, 05:47 PM
    I submitted a support ticket to avast. I have not heard back from them yet.

Here is another whocrashed report

Name:  2015-08-01 10_01_31-WhoCrashed  (HOME EDITION)  v 5.50  -   http___www.resplendence.com.png
Views: 53
Size:  43.1 KB

Is this Name:  2015-08-03 11_49_53-Windows.png
Views: 47
Size:  5.5 KB the same item that is in the whocrashed report? If so should I delete it? Do I use right mouse click and delete or how do I delete it?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bush TV got a blue screen 3/4 then picture OK 1/4 of the screen [ 1 Answers ]

My bush TV has gone to a blue screen for 3/4 of it the rest of the screen is normal this has just happened I have his TV for 5 years

Blue screen [ 2 Answers ]

One day my laptop froze and then when I turned it back on it starts up and then quickly goes to a blue screen saying something is corrupt. Is there anyway to fix this?

Blue Screen [ 8 Answers ]

Hello Guys.. This is my first post in this site . And I hope to keep helping and getting help from the others. A lot of times when I start using my PC specially when I play some games like war craft frozen throne.. suddenly the system crash and blue screen appear... I don`t know why! My PC is...

View more questions Search