Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    poseidon Posts: 244, Reputation: 55

Jul 27, 2015, 11:58 AM
    Watching Blu Ray on PC Monitor
    My Desktop is fitted with an HDMI socket and is compatible with Blu Ray but my monitor is not because there is no HDMI port.

If I purchase a monitor with HDMI and connect the HDMI cable with the Desktop and the monitor will I be able to view Blu Ray?

If not can anyone please advise me about what is required?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2015, 12:05 PM
    What do you plan on doing for sound?
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

Aug 2, 2015, 11:04 AM
    Actually (I could be wrong) if all connections including the cable are HDMI 1.4/1.4a spec. capable, audio should be included in the signal. That means your desktop and monitors HDMI connectors have to be 1.4/1.4a too. If your desktop is an older spec you would need to use DVI (if the monitor has it VGA if not) and separate audio cables (red right - white left). A 1.4 spec will work for audio but having a 1.4a capable cable would be wise, for the short future anyway.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer vs Blu Ray speed [ 2 Answers ]

I normally stream video from Amazon to my TV via a laptop. HDMI connection from the computer to the TV. Last night I configured my Blu-Ray player to stream from Amazon. The connect speed was significantly better on the BluRay and there was no buffering or pausing. Laptop connect speed: 1.3Mb...

Blu ray electronics [ 1 Answers ]

What is involved in hooking up blu ray dvd players? Is it any different than hooking up a regular dvd unit?

Blu-Ray vs hd-dvd [ 3 Answers ]

Didn't know where to post this, there is nothing under computers and tech for other tech. Does anyone else feel like the hd-dvd commercials during the superbowl and the price drop on the hd-dvd players was one last desperate attempt to get a market share in the high def movie market? I mean...

View more questions Search