Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gabby1651 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2015, 09:06 AM
    John Deere LX 280 spark plug fouling out on one of the cylinders
    Every time I change spark plugs which is often one of the spark plugs is fouled out on the left cylinder, it ran great until I inadvertently put in old gas have since put on a ne carb, new fuel pump, an gas additive because according to the local John Deer gas with alcohol clabbers up the carb. It also blows out a grey smoke,
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jul 31, 2015, 05:35 PM
    Hi,
    Just a question, is it the right hand cylinder of a Kawasaki V-twin? I think it is and that means it is a clogged air filter. Visual examination will not reveal this; can look pretty clean and still be too clogged.
    These Kawasaki engines have the air requirements clearly defined by the engineers and for some reason it is the right cylinder that is most susceptible.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a john deere rx75 , turns over fine but no fire to spark plug? [ 1 Answers ]

I was running my John Deere RX75 riding tractor, everythig was fine. Went out an hour later to start... mtor turns over fine but no spark to spark plug?

John deere 425 no spark question [ 3 Answers ]

I have a John deere 425 I just bought used that is ~ 9-10 years old. 367 hours on tractor. Mice had chewed up the temp sensor wire and 2 wires on the time delay module. I repaired the temp sensor wire and replaced the time delay module, I have no spark. I checked the coils and I have power to the...

John deere LX 280 troubleshooting [ 1 Answers ]

John Deere LX 280 mower will not climb hills after 30 minutes of use.

John Deere LX 280 Transmission [ 1 Answers ]

What type of fluid does the LX 280 hydrostatic transmission take? My pedals got hard to push and barely moved the mower yesterday. I lost my user manual. Can you help me out?

View more questions Search