Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shruthi6059 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2015, 01:39 AM
    What is the formula to calculate EMI on loan amount?
    What is the formula to calculate EMI on loan amount?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jul 27, 2015, 08:12 AM
    The formula for Equated Monthly Installment (EMI) is:

where 'P' is the prinicpal amount borrowed, 'n' is the number of payment periods, and 'r' is the interest rate per time period expressed as a decimal. For example to caculate the monthly payment amount for a 30-year fixed mortgage at 4%, n = 30 x 12 = 360 months and r=0.04/12 = 0.00333.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Excel 2010 formula help I want to add a1 throgh z1 but if it is a (-) amount I want I [ 1 Answers ]

Excel 2010 formula help I want to add a1 through z1 but if it is a (-) amount I want it to not count as a or -

Formula for a number that increases by same amount [ 2 Answers ]

Hey... mathematically challenged here. I'm trying to figure out the following. Let's say I want to increase something by 4 each week but also keep the increases from the previous weeks and then get a grand total at the end. Let me show you below using 52 periods. 4 + (4x2) + (4x3) + (4x4) +...

What is the formula for computing the amount of fertilizer to be applied to an area? [ 1 Answers ]

:)What is the formula for computing the amount of fertilizer to be applied to an area?

Questions on housing loan EMI [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have 3 queries. 1. I had bought a house which is under construction and it is expected to be completed in February 2009. The Pre -EMI started in September 2008 and EMI starts from February 2009. Confirm whether I can claim the PRE EMI interest and also the EMI which I paid for the...

Income Tax benefits on Pre-EMI of Housing Loan [ 0 Answers ]

I am planning to purchase a Flat at Kolkata & approached LIC Housing Finance for loan. They agreed to provide the required amount. Now, as usually, builder asked payment in various stages. My query is, can I get Income Tax Benefits on these Pre-EMI benefits before taking possession of the flat or I...

View more questions Search