Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pranali rane Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2015, 05:32 AM
    Marriage
    Can I marry roman catholic boy who is from mangalore and I'm a hindu girl without converting christian? His parents are forcing to me to get converted
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 26, 2015, 07:31 AM
    "Can I" has different meanings.
    First, your ages. Second, what country or area. Then you have to look up the laws where you are about age and different religion.
    Most young people in your situation have to run away from home together, totally disowned by both sets of parents (or one set).
    Do your parents approve?
    What does your boyfriend say? Why isn't he standing up for you? Is he dependent on them for money, a job, school?
    MANY factors to think about, aside from laws.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2015, 12:24 AM
    Some very serious issues for you to consider

Your religious focus is very different to your intended.
    It is possible for a catholic to marry a non catholic but there should be agreement of how the children will be educated in religion and how religion is handled in the household
    You have to consider where you will live as Hindu people can be very intolerant of those who convert to christianity and remain in a hindu community.
    You have to consider how you will handle religious matters in your day to day life, you cannot just go to a catholic church and freely join in everything they do so you will not be part of your husband's activities and visaversa.
    There is the question of food, your husband will be permitted to eat certain things you are not

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is love marriage is acceptable in islam or can we marriage with out permissions of ou [ 3 Answers ]

Dear Aslamu alaikum Is love marriage is acceptable in islam or can we marriage with out permissions of our parents. Actually I am in love last 5 yr I want to marry her and she also but her parents not agree to marry with me , and also my guardians have not to choice their. So can we marry with...

Marriage annulment:never sex till after 1.5years of marriage [ 3 Answers ]

Marriage annulment I got married a hindu girl but I found myself impotent at the time of intercourse.She wait for me but I cann't... She is saying now I make her fraud and left me.Now she is living with her perents and filed apetition of dowry against me and my family.I can fight with her but I...

Mine is love marriage or arranged marriage [ 2 Answers ]

Will my marriage is love, or arranged

International Marriage in military.. Could Divorce... What do I do to save our marriage [ 7 Answers ]

My husband is in Germany serving the US Army and since November 14, 2005 he has been gone. I was supposed to go over there with him but yet to go. He says that he wants a divorce and when I try to get the real true reason out of him nothing works all he says is that I know why but deep down I have...

View more questions Search