Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    johnfatslaphead Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2015, 05:11 AM
    Panasonic DMR-BS850 Freesat tuner failure
    Panasonic DMR-BS850 Freesat tuner failure<

My tuner does not recognise the signal from the satellite dish.

Another digital box works with satellite cables so it can't be the cable or the dish.

I have unplugged everything for an hour and reconnected but no input signal still shows.

The Panasonic has been very reliable and versatile, if rather slow to do things.

But it has been so good I do not want to lose it

Anyone know whay the prob is and how I can fix it?

Pleeeeeease.
    TedDavis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2015, 03:47 AM
    Hi
    Sorry I DO NOT have an answer to your question. But I have exactly the same problem with my Panasonic DMR-BS850. And the same desire to keep it going even tough it is a bit slow at some things.

May I ask, did you ever find an answer? If not, what did you replace it with?

Ted Davis
    johnfatslaphead Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2016, 05:16 AM
    I am sorry that I did not respond sooner since I have only seen your request today.

I have a maintenance plan from D+G which I discovered covered the Panasonic.

Anyway the machine went away and came back repaired,

They say there was a prob with the motherboard which they fixed.

I have no idea how much it cost but it was away the best part of two weeks.

I would not dare to even open the box up.

I was glad to get it back too.

As you say it is slow; annoyingly slow at times but I do get a really good image from it and the recordings are a good quality. The protection system for some programmes is annoying and the fact that you cannot save programmes either to a USB or memory card, even though the sockets are there, is frustrating.

I hope this is of some help although I expect the long delay in getting back to will not have helped.

Regards

John

Quote Originally Posted by TedDavis View Post
    Hi
    Sorry I DO NOT have an answer to your question. But I have exactly the same problem with my Panasonic DMR-BS850. And the same desire to keep it going even tough it is a bit slow at some things.

May I ask, did you ever find an answer? If not, what did you replace it with?

Ted Davis

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Restoring operation of Panasonic dmr ez48v [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, my nane is Dominick and my e-mail address is [email protected]. My 86yo Father hit a button by mistake and now I can't get it to play cd'she is legally blind so he can't help as I've can't get it working again. He hit a button on his remote for that unit. Can I get the default settings the...

How do I make my Panasonic DVD player (DMR-EZ28) Region-Free? [ 3 Answers ]

I understand that you can make a dvd player region free by changing/punching in a code. How/where do I change the code in and what code would allow me to play region 2 (UK) dvds. It currently plays region 1 and it is not a Blu-Ray player. Panasonic model number DMR-EZ28

How do you go about hooking up a Panasonic DMR-EZ48V DVD-VCR Recorder to a T.V. [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to hook up a DVD-VCR Combo Recorder to a T.V. set. It is a Panasonic DMR-EZ48V DVD-VCR Combo Recorder to a Sharp 46 inch T.V. tHE t.v. is aLCD T.V. My name is Danny Couch And my E-mail address is [email protected].

View more questions Search