Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Precious7 Posts: 333, Reputation: 61

Jul 25, 2015, 08:52 PM
    Health check up reports.
    Hello,

Its about my friend, she is not having her period since a long time may be more than two years. She went to doctor also they checked everything and said she is doing fine, there is no problem. But she asked them about whether she is sexually active or not. She explained that after the divorce she has never been sexually active. They advised her its natural thing, so be sexual active, her period will start naturally, Is it true? Does it happen like this?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 26, 2015, 02:33 AM
    No Precious that is not true. She needs to see another doctor for proper diagnosis.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 26, 2015, 08:14 AM
    No, Precious, that is not true. Having sex will not make her period return. There are variables you have not mentioned, such as her age. Is she old enough to be going into menopause? Did they take a blood test to test her hormone levels?

Jul 27, 2015, 12:34 PM
    Yes, that sounds weird to me too. She is 29-33 yrs. She said they did "all" the test.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 27, 2015, 01:21 PM
    Women who are not around adult males can stop having their periods. This happened to a nurse friend of mine, for at least a year, and then we moved into a big house with male and female roommates. Her doctor told her to share a toilet with the male roommates, and she got her period almost right away. She is also very thin, and thin women get amenorrhea more easily, as well as very athletic women.

We really do 'smell' each other, the way other animals do, even if we don't notice it. It really is a scent thing.
    Expert

Jul 27, 2015, 01:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    Women who are not around adult males AT ALL can stop having their periods. This happened to a nurse friend of mine, for at least a year, and then we moved into a big house with male and female roommates. Her doctor told her to share a toilet with the male roommates, and she got her period almost right away.

We really do 'smell' each other, the way other animals do, even if we don't notice it. It really is a scent thing.
    Oh really Joy. We are in the higher order Joy. So, no I don't think so. You are putting us on the same level as wolves and coyotes.
    current pert

Jul 27, 2015, 01:29 PM
    It could have been power of positive suggestion, but it really did happen - I was there.

As for scent, of course we have scent! You were just here the other day agreeing that dogs have been known to paw and whine at a person's body when they unknowingly had cancer. Pheromones are real too. People fall in love with someone's smell, their sweat. Mothers can smell their babies.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 27, 2015, 04:21 PM
    Her doctor told her to share a toilet with the male roommates, and she got her period almost right away.
    . With all due respect, that's the silliest thing I've ever heard.
    current pert

Jul 27, 2015, 05:32 PM
    I found a scientific paper from India regarding smelling urine - men of women's, women of men's, blind smelling to identify men's vs women's, time of ovulation in women's... no mention of restarting secondary amenorrhea, but I believe it's very possible.
    Other animals can identify a plethora of information from each other's urine. We had it and lost it. Or did we?
    Expert

Jul 27, 2015, 05:33 PM
    It could have been power of positive suggestion, but it really did happen - I was there.

As for scent, of course we have scent! You were just here the other day agreeing that dogs have been known to paw and whine at a person's body when they unknowingly had cancer. Pheromones are real too. People fall in love with someone's smell, their sweat. Mothers can smell their babies.
    Of course I know and yes, it is pheromones but that is sexual attraction. You are talking about something entirely different!
    current pert

Jul 28, 2015, 04:03 AM
    Who says pheromones are just sexual attraction? And what constitutes sexual attraction anyway? You think there's an expressway from your nose to your genitals?
    Expert

Jul 28, 2015, 04:11 AM
    [QUOTE=joypulv;3738666
    Other animals can identify a plethora of information from each other's urine. We had it and lost it. Or did we?[/QUOTE]

In the dog world we call that pee mail. Wolf urine is sold as a deterrent to ward off coyotes. And for a very good reason !
    Expert

Jul 28, 2015, 04:18 AM
    Who says pheromones are just sexual attraction? And what constitutes sexual attraction anyway? You think there's an expressway from your nose to your genitals?
    I do ! But I am not attracted to every male I meet. Only certain ones sexually, not that I act on it every time. The male doesn't have to be the most attractive I have ever met but the one 'something' that attracts me is probably pheromones.

I don't think it is a scent thing though, it goes deeper then that.

You really have to get out more, Joy !
    current pert

Jul 28, 2015, 09:45 AM
    We humans are indeed animals. Like I said, we lost our good noses. You are helping to prove my argument.
    As for pheromones, I say they are more complicated than you think!

No I don't have to get out more! My periods stopped 18 years ago for reasons nature intended. My pheromones, give me a break. I'd bet the farm that they petered out at the same time.
    Expert

Jul 28, 2015, 01:11 PM
    We humans are indeed animals. Like I said, we lost our good noses. You are helping to prove my argument.
    As for pheromones, I say they are more complicated than you think!

No I don't have to get out more! My periods stopped 18 years ago for reasons nature intended. My pheromones, give me a break. I'd bet the farm that they petered out at the same time.
    You think pheromones are more complicated then 'just scent' . That is what I am saying. My period stopped years ago too, Joy. Nothing else did. After that good clean sex was not a worry. I was liberated and so were my pheromones !
    current pert

Jul 28, 2015, 03:27 PM
    Aha, you practically walked right in the door. Pheromones ARE more than a sexually specific scent (my words). So I do believe that the doctors who advised both the OP and my friend were right.
    Although I disagree that it requires sex to restart a period, but maybe that's not really what the doctor said to the Op's friend, 2nd hand at least.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 29, 2015, 04:32 AM
    I would be seriously worried about a doctor who said it was normal and you would have a period if you had sex again.

I have to ask, what country this is? I will assume it is not a major area like US, Canada but perhaps one where they practice more local customs with their medical treatment?

Jul 29, 2015, 11:32 AM
    Lol, she is in US. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to check our medical test reports and ask your advice so please tell me [ 3 Answers ]

I have spend 3 year of marry life but I haven't any kids so please check my wife and mine reports and tell me our problems Before marry my wife feel pain on abdomen and after 15 days of marry she feel again this pain so we done ultra sound and its report that ULTRA SOUND 14-04-08 UTERUS:...

Are games good to health or bad for health [ 12 Answers ]

I always play games but my family says it bad for me but I ignore them

Research of business health check [ 1 Answers ]

I am student and I want to make a best research on my organization so I want to do research of business health check so how can help to start it.

"The Line: A relationship health-check for now and later" [ 5 Answers ]

Every relationship has that invisible, all-important, self-preserving boundary we all know as "The Line..." I see a lot of people on here in tough relationships MOVE the line when they are in love, or obsessed, or just tolerant, or scared, or bored... or... well, you get the idea. People are...

Know my career,my fathers health and my moms health [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I am sonal,studying in t.y.bsc in microbiology. Usually attending college is like a burden for me,I fear a lot in public attention,sometimes even start shivering while giving presentations,due to fear I can't even concentrate in my studies and get poor marks even ,I don't feel like going to...

View more questions Search