Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    swethajagadeesh Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2015, 09:41 AM
    Help my friend choose a career. Pla motivate him
    My boyfriend is pursuing final yr mechanical engineering in Chennai,India. He has 24 arrears presently. He is so fed up that he has no hope that he could complete engineering. By the way he is very talented. He draws really well and is very much interested in pets.He is a football player. He is also interested in joining the army.I want to give him hope that he can choose a good career.Please help him to clear his arrears and also give some idea about the availability of jobs that do not require high scores in engineering.Please help!
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 25, 2015, 10:26 AM
    Asking us for him is a waste of effort on our parts as well as yours.
    He is a grown man and needs to look for help himself.
    Don't get put in the role of his parent.
    Art, pets, sports, oh what fun! Let him join the army for a sense of who he is and what the world is like.
    There are careers in all three of those fun things, of course, but he has to find them. High school coaching. Statistician. Engineering design of sports equipment. Pet food and supply store, no college required, just money.

I do understand that in some countries such as India that there is huge pressure to go into engineering, and there is also pressure to please family, especially if they are paying for it.
    So he has that to think about too - breaking away from financial dependence.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 25, 2015, 10:36 AM
    I think your friend should be encouraged to apply himself as much to his studies as he does to things he likes. Just tell him that talent doesn't pay the rent or put food on the table.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2015, 12:17 PM
    As was mentioned... it doesn't matter how talented he may be.. if he lacks the drive and motivation to find work on his own... much less do it and excel in it... his value to any employer is limited and he will find it difficult to find or keep a good job.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to motivate your career [ 3 Answers ]

Motivate your career choice?

Why did you choose this career? [ 1 Answers ]

Why did I choose hotel management??

Why did you choose this career? [ 1 Answers ]

Please brief up.

Why did you choose this career [ 9 Answers ]

Why did you choose civil engineering as career?

View more questions Search