Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Doug Reding Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2015, 09:28 AM
    Well water questions
    I want to bypass my filter and softner on my well system for outside water use. I was going to tee off on the main line coming from the well. Is this OK? Can I still expect good pressure?
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Jul 25, 2015, 09:43 AM
    Sounds doable and pressure should be even higher than what is going into the house after the filter.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 26, 2015, 09:29 AM
    Yes. As long as you position the tee behind the pump discharge and as long as it is in front of everything else.
    There maybe a problem with this if you have an overload of silt and dirt coming from the well.
    Good luck, Tom
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2015, 02:57 PM
    Make sure you don't have a checkvalve between the T and the pressure tank.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water Meter Over Register Questions [ 6 Answers ]

I am aware that most water companies state that their "meters are not capable of "OVER-registering" water usage--only UNDER-registering which they say means a loss of revenue for them. My water usage jumped from a high of 3000 gal. per month to 8000 gal. for Aug., then made a HUGE jump to 74 K...

Water heater - denver specific questions [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter lives in Denver (I live in St. Louis) and her water heater keeps going out. It is older and I intend to replace it. However it is connected to the gas line via a flexible gas pipe (the older silver one - not the new yellow one)... I have not seen a water heater connected in that manner...

Commercial hot water heater questions [ 7 Answers ]

Hi Guys, I am a facility super in MA and I have a 250 gallon PVI water heater that is leaking below the element. Its 36 kw 480 volt feed. I have a plumber that gave me a quote of $22,000 to change it. He is a vendor I use and have trusted but would like to get some feelers out there for...

Questions about my water well- [ 1 Answers ]

Lately it seems to take longer for my water well tank to fill up - almost six minutes compared to a few years ago when it seemed to take only about 2 minutes? Also when I use my washing machine - the water well tank empties and it takes a few minutes before the water well pump clicks on? What...

2 questions about water supply [ 2 Answers ]

#1. whenever we run water in one room (kitchen) and turn water on in another room (bathroom) water pressure drops dramaticaly. And for example: if you are taking a shower and some one runs hot or cold water anywere else in the house, the person in the shower loses all hot water. #2. we have a...

View more questions Search