Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amdmhd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2015, 05:27 AM
    Filed property damage to rental property, got a settlement but never paid the
    My tenant damaged a glass door, claims they did not do it but filed a claim against their renters insurance and got a settlement but never gave us the ,oney for the damaged door. Is this illegal
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 25, 2015, 05:41 AM
    No, its not illegal. The question is was the door repaired and who paid for it? If you paid for the repair, then they owe you reimbursement and you can bill them for it. If they paid then, as lonf as the repair was properly done, you should have no issue.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2015, 08:46 AM
    Is the door fixed or replaced?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Property Damage to rental due to burglary [ 7 Answers ]

The townhouse I am renting was buglarized--by breaking out a window. Now the landlord is telling me that I must pay for the broken window. Whay are my options? Thank you, tmathe

Property Taxes on Property sold for estate settlement. [ 1 Answers ]

We have sold property in Indiana that will be part of and estate settlement. The property sold for less than $100,000. The money from this property will be divided between the 6 children. What taxes will be owed for the sale of this property?

Fire damage at rental property [ 3 Answers ]

I recently had a fire in my apartment. I was told by the owner of the property that their insurance company is going to sue me for repayment of the damages. What are my rights as a tenant? Can they really sue me?

View more questions Search