Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FrederikBotha Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2015, 04:43 AM
    Excel formulas and functions
    If I have a list of names with codes and say four different action notes (read, distribute, scan, file) for different codes all preset. Can I then compare a new list of names and codes and if the same code appears input or assign in an additional column next to my new list those preset action.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 25, 2015, 05:53 AM
    The answer is Yes (I think). But I'm not real clear of what you are asking about. It might be better if you attach a mockup of your spreadsheet and a specific example of what you need.

But it sounds like this is a more suitable task for a database, not a spreadsheet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to ask an excel formulas [ 1 Answers ]

I have some numbers in a column, like NUMBERS 2200005 2255566 2266665 How can I separate or highlight same 4 digits numbers among them?

Create the formulas for the 10 column accounting worksheet using Excel formulas? [ 3 Answers ]

I need help with the formulas for the 10 column accounting worksheet using Excel IF function?

Excel formulas [ 1 Answers ]

Hi to all How to find same numbers in different excel columns and sortout

Formulas in Excel 07? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, how do I view formulas in all of the cells for excel 2007? Thanks.

Nesting IF functions and formulas [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, am a newby to this forum and have a problem. Am working on a payroll spreadsheet for a friend's business using If functions and have exceeded the seven it allows so am trying to break it out into formulas-which have forgotten how to do. Can somebody help? Thank you. scakya

View more questions Search