Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CroCivic91 Posts: 729, Reputation: 23

Mar 3, 2005, 09:28 AM
    Power locks
    My Honda Civic '91 doesn't have power locks, and I would like to install them. I know there were versions of Civic that did have power locks, so I know that is doable. I would just like to know what parts I will need.

It's a 2 door car and if driver's door is unlocked, passenger's door should get unlocked too. But if passenger's door is unlocked/locked, it should NOT affect driver's door. So I would only need 1 actuator, for the passenger's door? Is there some sort of "control module" that control's the whole power locks system? How do I pick up the signal that driver's door is locked/unlocked so that I know what to do with passenger's door?

On a side note, I do not want keyless power locks... just for safety issues.

Mar 12, 2005, 04:46 PM
    Nobody knows nothing about this?
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2005, 05:57 PM
    You could try retro fitting it with them, from a newer car with them or such

Mar 13, 2005, 02:48 AM
    I know I could try, I just don't know what parts I need... is there some sort of control module? What else I need? 2 actuators? Door handle with lock?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help with ford excursion power door locks [ 1 Answers ]

I just purchased a used 2001 ford excursion and now my passenger power door lock doesn't work when I press lock unlock on the door or with the remote. And sometimes the back doors don't open or close either? :'( Does anyone know what is going on? Can anyone help?

Plumbing air locks [ 1 Answers ]

What can I do to remove an air lock from a recent repair in a domestic system

Power dvd 5 [ 6 Answers ]

Right, I need some help with an error I keep getting while trying 2 watch dvds. It says that my " tv out put port of my diplsay card is not working properly" and I don't know how to solve this problem.. can anyone help?

Power cut off [ 3 Answers ]

After working on my PC for a few hours all power drops off. Immediately after, I just un-plug my modem and plug it back in again, the power light comes on and just by unplugging and plugging in the power cable to the back of the tower, it starts again. I don't think it's over heating, could it be a...

View more questions Search