Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nohitter410 Posts: 187, Reputation: 50

Apr 11, 2007, 07:44 AM
    Whenever you seem to be on top of the mountain the ex seems to come back.
    I just got back from NY to DC yesterday and as soon as I hit my room in a complete high from such a great weekend. And here comes a call from my Ex. I mean I do want to keep open communication there but she has a man(she has still yet to bring it up) and I am moving on and getting on with my life right now.

I know she just called to say hi and tell me some story that made her think of me and I know the conversation did not set me back at all even if I came on here to talk about it.

She was like I am coming out to DC sometime in the summer so maybe we could get coffee or something. I said we will see what I am doing. I do want to remain friends but at arm's length because I did love her but I know in my heart that we are both better off which was the reason we broke up in the first place because long distance took a toll and it was too much.

I decided at the end of the conversation to turn it awkward maybe out of spite I really don't know or maybe to get information out of her not really sure my intentions.

"I go so what else is going on with you...So you got a man, how is that going? And she was like I don't want to talk about it. And I said it isn't a big deal just felt like you would at least bring it up at some point but just saying I am glad your happy. And then she paused and then I go isnt that a great way to turn a conversation awkward huh and she laughed and goes well I have to go now as class is now starting but thanks for that. And I go hopefully you can laugh at what an ending we just had and that was it"

At first I thought they might be broken up with those responses but my sister I guess went on and told me on her I guess boyfriends page she wrote I love you easter bunny. But why after this long of a period after the breakup do I care. Is it because she called or what? Because I don't sit and sulk, everyday I am out doing things I love to do.. working out, going out, meeting girls, it isn't like I am sitting on my hands. I am going on dates doing all that good stuff.

Any insight??
    alizeblu Posts: 174, Reputation: 8

Apr 11, 2007, 07:52 AM
    Its because you still love her.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 11, 2007, 09:26 AM
    Doesn't take much to stir the feelings up a bit, does it? Heck I get those warm fuzzies when I look through my old year book at all the ex exes
    Jiser Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 281
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2007, 09:29 AM
    I always get those weird feelings about the past. I don't think most people ever totally loose some sort of emotional feeling about the past, they merely move on and forget, treating the past as the past. So it should be! It was all a learning experience. BRING ON THE PRESENT + future :)
    htowngirl02 Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Apr 11, 2007, 02:45 PM
    Those feelings will always be there no matter what, especially if you really loved/cared for that person. I think it's totally healthy and you can keep it up, just as long as you don't let it bring you down and you know that there is nothing to be gained from it..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Pyrenean Mountain Dogs [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Pyrenean Mountain Dog she is 9 years old. Recently I've found that she is discolourin round the back legs towards her belly area she is pure breed and pure white and the discolourin is like an orangy/brown which is very noticeable, she always scratches the areas she has not got fleas but...

Can I back up my desk top onto my lap top? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a desk top and a lap top which have wireless connection to the internet. My lap top has no ethernet port and my desk top has no infra red. Can you suggest how I can use my lap top to back up my desk top? Would USB to USB work?

Mountain Height Problem [ 1 Answers ]

I just wanted to make sure I'm doing this right, because I'm not positive I am. Mountain Height Problem: A surveying crew has the job of measuring the height of a mountain. From a point on level ground they measure an angle of elevation of 21.6 degrees to the top of the mountain. They move...

Rats, holes and a mountain house [ 3 Answers ]

I bought a house in the local mountains. The house had been vacant and after finding some mouse droppings I placed some poison pellets to get rid of them. After more investigation I found that under the house (in the build out) there was not only mice but rats. Enough of them that I could see them...

View more questions Search