Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PLFernandes Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2015, 11:51 AM
    Dual citizen help with Portugal (& USA) without parents' marriage certificate
    I've hit a stumbling block trying to get my dual citizenship with Portugal. My father was born in Portugal along with his several siblings, and the family came to the USA when my dad was 8. My parents married around 1962-64 in East Providence, RI. Apparently their marriage certificate was never filed and is nowhere to be found. Both my parents are now deceased. Well, without the marriage certificate I was told I cannot get my dual citizenship. (per the Consulate in USA). Has anyone figured out another way to get this done? There has to be a way to prove he's my dad which would be acceptable. (besides the fact he's on my birth certificate. I appreciate any help feedback you can provide. Thank you in advance!
    Patty Fernandes

Check out some similar questions!

Filing taxes jointly for H1B(Indian Citizen) & Canadian spouse on H4 in USA [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am an indian citizen ,working on H1B visa in USA right now and my spouse is a canadian citizen. We got married in December 2009. I have following questions. 1. My spouse is still in canada and is planning to come down in April 2010 on H4(she doesn't have H4 right now). I am...

ITIN & Claim for parents as Dependent in USA [ 29 Answers ]

Hi, My parents stayed in CA, USA for 178 days. Can I show them as dependent while filing taxes for year 2009? I supported them completely while they were in US. They're india citizen & are retired. If so, can I take the passport notary no itself so that I can show it while...

Reside & work both in usa & canada as a dual citizen? [ 1 Answers ]

I hold passports of both US & Canada. Born in Canada, resided until 20 yrs of age. Moved to US and became naturalized US citizen. My question is: Can I legally LIVE & WORK simultaneously in both countries commuting back and forth on a weekly basis?

Dual citizen (USA & Switzerland) traveling to Brazil [ 2 Answers ]

I am travelling to Brazil in a few weeks from the US. I am wondering if I can enter and exit the US on a US passport but use my Swiss passport to enter and exit Brazil. I ask this because Brazil does not require the application for a tourist visa from Swiss citizens, but it does require a visa for...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.