Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HandxStands Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2015, 04:58 PM
    Nutrition & Dietetics Degree
    So I will be graduating in spring 2016 with a b.s. in nutrition & dietetics, I already have a b.a. in biological sciences. I had originally intended to pursue the second degree for the purpose of becoming an RDN, but honestly it seems unrealistic. I say that because getting a match for an internship is very hard and RDN's don't make that much and I will have school loans. So, I think that option is out. I am good with people, numbers, and I am very plan-oriented person. I have been browsing career options, but I am not too sure. Anyone have suggestions for a career with descent pay that I can start right after I graduate? I plan on eventually getting married and raising a family, so the money is important to me.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jul 23, 2015, 05:20 PM
    You can work in a hospital, nursing home, retirement home, school district etc. All employ dietitians. Does your university have a career center? Did you complete internships?
    HandxStands Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2015, 05:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by teacherjenn4 View Post
    You can work in a hospital, nursing home, retirement home, school district etc. All employ dietitians. Does your university have a career center? Did you complete internships?
    I don't want to do the dietitian path and I haven't done any internships
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jul 23, 2015, 06:47 PM
    How about a school district? You need a degree in nutrition, which is what most schools require for someone in charge of food services. If not, use your biology degree and teach. It works well for families.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Got provisional degree from kakatiya university on 1995 and now I want have degree . [ 0 Answers ]

To obtain degree certificate fm kakatiya university for 1995 b.a and received Provisional certificate.

Was 1yr. Degree (one sitting) course equivalent to 3yr. Degree course? [ 1 Answers ]

Was this course equivalent to 3 yr. degree course?

Old thermostat had 3 degree before heat would come on this one is .5 degree [ 7 Answers ]

The old thermostat would drop 3 degrees before firing up the furnace to heat. This Noma model 52-2570-6 drops .5 degree and it comes on to heat. I want to have the 3 degrees, because the furnace is coming on every 10 minutes

View more questions Search