Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jafarsadiq Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2015, 02:46 PM
    I need immigration law help
    Case details in brief.

Mrs. Chowdhury is an US citizen, filed a petition in f4 category to bring her siblings, the application got approved 8 years ago.
    Last year Mrs. Chowdhury has got cancer and she was in stage 4, fatal condition. The brother and sister whom she filed a petition for they came here in the USA to see her and be with the family in this bad situation. They came here as a visitor with B1/B2 visa, they are still in USA with legal and valid status.
    Unfortunately, in the meanwhile, Mrs. Chowdhury passed away. And her siblings are in the USA.
    Mrs. Chowdhury has three young kinds; oldest one is 6 years, middle 4 year, and the youngest one in only 14 months. The beneficiaries, I mean her brothers and sisters are staying with the kids and other family members. The beneficiary’s father also lives in USA. They all are living in one family.
    1. Is the petition that Mrs. Chowdhury filed for her brother and sister got revoked?
    2. Is there any way for the beneficiaries to stay here in USA legally?
    3. What is Humanitarian Reinstatement?
    4. What is adjustment of status?

What do you suggest? What is your opinion?
    I will be waiting for your wise decision.
    NYcityboy Posts: 785, Reputation: 65

Jul 23, 2015, 06:30 PM
    1. Generally speaking, the petition ends with the death of the petitioner. In this case, the priority dates were not even current yet. The I-130 isn't revoked, but the I-485, application for adjustment of status generally cannot continue, as the I-864 cannot be included with the AOS. See INA section 204(I) relief for surviving relatives.

2. Yes, but it depends on what else they qualify for other than the pending I-130. This typically depends on their educational background and work history and a US business petitioning for them.

3. Discretionary relief on the death of the petitioner, but it doesn't sound like they would qualify, as they just entered the US.

4. See answer number 1.

You should consult with an experienced immigration attorney. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Immigration law [ 0 Answers ]

I came as derative asylee to the U.S due to my father being approved for asylum status. I am more than 21 years old now I was told I have to apply for non pro tunc asylum first. My application is pending now for more than 2 years now. 1) Can I still apply for adjustment of Status now? Or 2) Me...

Immigration Law [ 0 Answers ]

Hi My nephew and his wife are Iranian and presently residing in Germany on 2 years visa and they want to apply for U.S. F1 visa (they have I-20 already) and the question is: 1 - is it better each of them present their documents and apply for F1 visa OR 2 - one apply for F1 and then apply for F2...

Immigration law [ 1 Answers ]

Iam a Zimbabean citizen.Iam 26 years old.I came to South Africa in 2008 and I sought for assylum.The problem is I used my second name and my fathers surname.the opportunity for Zimbabweans to apply for passports in South Africa came and I had to use the names on my birth certificate which is a...

Family Law or Immigration Law vs. Marriage [ 0 Answers ]

Many users have been asking a lot of family law or immigration law questions on this section. These types of questions will be better served in another section of the forum. Family law questions should go here: Family Law - Ask Me Help Desk Family law questions involved any type of legal...

UK Immigration Law [ 2 Answers ]

Does an illegal immigrant (‘overstayer’) have legal rights? Can they transact a legal transaction or will the transaction be void given their criminal status? Also, if I have reason to believe that they are an ‘overstayer’, how can I find out? Thanks

View more questions Search