Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dstutz0124 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2015, 06:22 AM
    Gerneral Journal posting
    'The Speedy Clinic issued 4,000 additional shares of capital stock to Dr. Soges at $50 per share'

What gets debited what gets credited on the General Journal?
    I think:
    Capital Stock: Debit
    Cash: credit
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2015, 08:09 AM
    Cash will be Debited because you are receiving cash. The amount will be 4,000 shares times $50 a share.

For the stock you should know the par value. If there is no par value, then you will Credit Capital Stock for the same amount as the cash received.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Accounting Journal posting [ 1 Answers ]

Acquired land in exchange for field equipment having a cost of 8000? What journal do I need to post this in?

Posting on journal [ 1 Answers ]

Transaction: purchased land worth 54,000 for an office by paing 5,400 cash and sign a long-term note payable 48,600. Would I put land in my journal even though the cash and note payable added together is equal to the land

General Journal Posting [ 4 Answers ]

If you have a general journal entry that is an infusion of capital of say 10,000 cash, I would debit cash and credit capital for the amount. However, when you post the entries, where do those balances go? What happens to the general journal entries? Do they stay for the entire fiscal year or are...

Posting to a Journal [ 1 Answers ]

How do I post the following: Repair service performed for $600.00 cash and $900.00 on account?

View more questions Search