Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jul 23, 2015, 03:52 PM
    People can change, and overcome serious problems.

He was unable to stop with the filming, but, six months of therapy sounds to have helped him a great deal. I give him credit for that because many 'caught' in similar circumstances do not feel the need to be helped at all, and have a 'get over it' attitude.

There is no excuse big enough to justify what he has done. It is squarely on his shoulders, and his alone. None of us are ever prepared for life with two small children, but the stress of that is not an excuse to justify what he had done. As you had said, he knew he could talk to you, and he chose not to. It seems like he gave no inkling of any problems, or showed stress in other ways, like drinking or coming home late etc. You are not to be blamed because he chose not to communicate.

I would give him a second chance, with the decision being made only on staying married, and providing what had been, a solid relationship, or rather resuming the solid relationship, and keeping the family intact.

I do not see this as a decision to be made to include anybody else other than you, and him. To balance in family members, including those who were filmed, would take time, and work, and perhaps counseling on their own to get past this if they need it. What he has done is given them a problem, he caused it, and both of you should expect that you will have fallout from remaining with him. Social situations will be awkward, and he needs to speak to these consequences as well, as they happen.

If you think you are able to trust him again, and put faith in the strength of your marriage, to overcome what has happened, then by all means do so.

I would insist that he give you the camera, to destroy. And I'd keep an eye on what he spends money on. The least he should expect.

But, to give up your marriage without a second chance, you could be making the biggest mistake of your life.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need enlightenment, to forgive and forget, and move on. I need a friend. [ 3 Answers ]

I don't know why I was so stupid to cheat on my boyfriend. This happened months ago, but I still regret it. I also cheated on him with that same person a few weeks ago, and I feel dirty and stupid and I know that if he were ever to find out he would be in so much pain. I just can't do that to him....

How do I move on from my boyfriend’s betrayal? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been with my boyfriend for almost a year and everything seemed to be going great until after the first four months he seemed to be cooling off, so I tried different ways to ignite the relationship, like making sure I always looked sexy and was always in a loving mood with him. Sending him...

What to do when my boyfriend cannot forgive and move forward? [ 0 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I went out with some friends last night. They all got considerably drunk and I remained 100% sober to drive. My boyfriend became aggitated about a small fight we have been having and we agreed to ask the opinion of a mutual friend. She sided with me and he did not like this...

Should I forgive betrayal? [ 8 Answers ]

I am not sure whose fault the ending of this relationship is? I have known my ex for 5 years.. the first 4 years we were only friends.. I wanted it that way.. I was to busy in college and couldn't handle any realtionships at the time pluse he was getting over a divorce that took place 4 years...

How can I make my teacher forgive me my betrayal? [ 26 Answers ]

I submitted it in wrong topic first, I am sos sorry! It will not be repeted. I have a problem, that I know I simply should drop, but it hurts me a lot that I could have made such a bad thing to someone. I really need to know, if there is some chance for this man to ever forgive me. My first...

View more questions Search