Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Allenpo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2015, 10:46 AM
    John Deere z225 blade stripped
    The gears engaging one of the blades on my z225 stripped nearly smooth... now what?
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jul 31, 2015, 05:26 PM
    Hi,
    I gather that you refer to the star-shaped features on the blade and the spindle. Your only option that will offer a long term repair solution is to replace the affected items be it the blades, the spindles or both.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

John Deere L130 blade will not turn on [ 1 Answers ]

The blade on the mower deck stopped while cutting grass. I have replaced the PTO switch and clutch. Tractor started up and blades were working. After cutting 100 yards blades stopped again. Assume I have a bad wire some where. Any ideas as to where and what to check??

John deere z225 won't go forward [ 0 Answers ]

I was mowing with my John Deere eztrak z225 riding lawn mower and I suddenly lost the ability to steer to the left. When I push both levers forward it starts going to the right in circles. If I only push the right lever forward (my right when sitting on the mower)by itself the mower doesn't move at...

John Deere 112L dies when blade is lowered [ 0 Answers ]

Just bought an old 112L - If I prime the carb and jump the battery the engine will start and run. It seems I can drive it around without issue but when I engage the PTO and lower the blade it dies and drains battery. If I raise the blade before it dies it seems to pick up power and cont. running...

John deere 210 blade belt routing [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone get me a diagram for the blade belt routing

John Deere 160 blade clutch [ 5 Answers ]

My John Deere 160 mower blades do not engage when I flip the switch. There is power to the blade clutch so the switch is good. Can the clutch be rebuilt? Also does anyone have parts diagram they can scan?

View more questions Search