Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adomen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2015, 10:40 AM
    When was IHMSS mark first used by Navajo silversmiths?
    I am trying to date a piece of sterling that does not have IHMSS on it but later pieces by same artist have the mark.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 21, 2015, 12:08 PM
    Just a sec, will get out my crystal ball. Seriously dude !

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where to find hallmarks for navajo jewelry silversmiths [ 1 Answers ]

Would like to know who the hallmark LB with a running horse is. Have a lovely piece of jewelry with this hallmark and would like to get information of silversmith.

Navajo Silver artist w/ makers mark MJC or MJO [ 0 Answers ]

I have a heavy silver bracelet with sand cast design as well as channel set turquoise and coral (?) Can anyone identify the silver artist? The marks are deeply stamped MJC or MJO . Any info is appreciated. Thanks

Silversmiths Hallmarks [ 0 Answers ]

Would like to know who the hallmark (name- LB with a running horse is.) Have a lovely piece of jewelry with this hallmark and would like to get information on the silversmith.

Who is the Navajo Silversmith with the Mark B-e-t with a tomahawk below it? [ 0 Answers ]

This mark is on a silver story teller belt

Zuni silversmiths [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Zuni inlay ring consisting of one ounce of silver. The design is a red headed woodpecker on a branch. The birs is coral, jet, mother of pearl and I believe petrified wood. There are two leaves of tourquoise and the top is oval with a tourquoise band around it. Inside are the marks...

View more questions Search