Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    f1sht4nk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2015, 11:16 AM
    Hamstring, glutes injury from weighted squats.
    Hey guys! I'm a 16 years old male! So here's the story, looking to keep it as short as possible! I've recently had this hamstring, glutes injuries around 3-4 months ago. It all started by me doing squats with the squatting machine in the gym. It was my first time doing it and with my stubborn head I've put as much weight on the machine as I could possibly lift. I didn't feel it then but the next day i could barely walk. Which was understandable but, in the folloing week it didn't get much better. And when i actually thought it was going to get better, it gradually got worse over time. Maybe because I started doing bodyweight exercises such as normal squats then few weeks later tuck jumps. I also recently started doing stretches for my legs. But it doesn't seem to help. I used to put oil on my leg (Oil that muay thai fighter use) and it didn't seem to help either. Then of course I stopped doing the squats and any sort of exercises for my legs. It's only my right hamstring that is affected and the right side of my glutes which is pretty weird. I really don't know what to do. Doctors over here are stupid so there's no point to go and check it with them. Also, my leg isn't swollen or you couldn't really tell if you'd look at my leg that it's messed up. It's particularly sore when I do sit ups, for example, when i lock my feet under a bed and then try to do a sit up. It's also really sore when I try to touch my toes with straight legs and when I sit down, straighten my legs and try to touch my toes then. It's a little sore when I just walk too. It's basically never good haha. I'd really appreciate if you guys could help me because, I love sports, couldn't love without them. Thanks in advance!

smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2015, 12:12 PM
    Well, you need to suck it up and tell your parents because you need to go to a doctor for this.

I severely tore a calf muscle once and it needed an MRI to even find the injury. No X-ray will detect a soft tissue injury.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing squats with weights [ 3 Answers ]

I am doing an anaerobic routine. I have medium case of scoliosis and I need to replace the squats with weight part of the routine with sometime that would put less pressure on my back and knees. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hamstring injury [ 1 Answers ]

On Friday I went down into my splits really to fast and I felt I pain when I landed and I told my cheer coach and she said I probably pulled my hamstring, its now Sunday and my hamstring doesn't feel that bad its on like Mild (Grade I) Hamstring Injury and I have daily doubled starting Monday for...

My hamstring injury won't go away, why is that? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm a dancer have been for 10 years , I'm 16years old and I injured my hamstring last year while doing a competition dance I knew what it was when I pulled it since I pulled my other hamstring before. Ever since I pulled my right one last year it does not want to go away like it will start feeling...

Proper for Squats [ 3 Answers ]

Hey could someone tell me whether it's a good idea to hold position in mid-squat? And if so what would be the safe duration? Also I read somewhere that when performing a squat the knees should not get past the toes. Is this humanly possible?

View more questions Search