Ask
    Criss Lasley Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2015, 09:20 PM
    How to get my husband to leave the house
    Arguing with my husband how can I get him to leave
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jul 19, 2015, 10:28 PM
    Tell him to get a cup of coffee. That should calm things down for 15 minutes. How about for the long term? Does this happen often? Do you have children?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 19, 2015, 10:39 PM
    Why does HE have to leave? Why don't you? Unless YOU own the house in your name only (or did before the marriage) He has the same right to be there as you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 19, 2015, 11:12 PM
    As noted, leave for where, and for how long? For a hour, he can go have a beer. For weeks, sorry, you can't.

Do you and him own the home? Or rent the home? In whose name is the deed and/or the rental.

But in most places you would have to file for divorce and get the divorce court to order him (or maybe order you) to leave.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jul 20, 2015, 07:26 AM
    What is the problem with your husband.
    Precious7 Posts: 333, Reputation: 61

Jul 20, 2015, 11:52 AM
    If you tell him to leave the house ( I am guessing- its to get calm down during argument, not leaving house permanently), it may fuel for a more arguments its better instead of telling him you yourself go out of his sight, next room, garden area, balcony ete etc. And when things get calm in your heart then come back.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 20, 2015, 02:58 PM
    The fact that you don't provide one ounce of background makes you appear to be dogmatic and uncompromising, always right about everything.
    When 2 people marry, it doesn't matter who owns the house - neither spouse can evict the other.
    If there's violence, call the police, and ask about a restraining order. Arguing doesn't count.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My husband and I are getting a divorce. My husband owned the house before we got mar [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I are getting a divorce. My husband owned the house before we got married. He transfer the title of the house to his father so that he would not have to give me anything, he claims that he is paying rent now to my father inlaw. My mother is staying with me for two month and my...

Sadistic husband chains wife so she can't leave house [ 1 Answers ]

There was this movie I watched when I was younger. It was a drama with a sadistic element. There was a young couple who just got married, and for their honeymoon, the husband took the wife in the middle of nowhere and chained her so the only place she could go was around the house. The guy told her...

Can my husband force me to leave our house? [ 1 Answers ]

We have been married 22 years in MS and still have 2 of our 4 kids living at home the youngest being 16. We bought our house about 10 years ago but it is only in his name because I was having problems with my credit. He is an alcoholic and has been drinking non stop since he was laid off and now...

My husband have told me to leave my house and that he is keeping my kids? [ 6 Answers ]

I have been married for more than 13 yrs and have 3 kids with my husband. Few days ago he told me that he wants a divorce and I said yes, if that's what you want. Then he told me that I need to leave from my house and he is keeping my kids. My house is paid in full, he never gives me money to buy...

Can my husband make me leave my house? [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married just 35 months. He left 2days ago and then texted me and told me to be out in about 2 weeks. Ths Summer we refinaced our home we have been here about a year and a half. Can he tell me to move out and what rights do I have? He wants to leave due to me being...

View more questions Search