Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sjnowak Posts: 80, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2015, 05:02 PM
    Small engine/lawn mower help
    I have an older john deer riding lawn mower I'm guessing about a 1980's model. Was having trouble with it keep running, ran about 5 minutes and then quit, had to wait an hour or more then it would start up and go another 5 minutes and quit again. Checked for spark when it quit and no spark, had spark when cold though. Thought probably bad coil, get hot and quits and works again after cooling off. Got a new coil, has spark but won't start now, cranks over good but won't even fire, frustrated and want to cry LOL. Any ideas ? Thanks.
    sjnowak Posts: 80, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2015, 06:14 PM
    I think I forgot to say its an 11 HP Briggs & Stratton if that helps

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Loss of engine power and engine backfires on riding lawn mower [ 7 Answers ]

I have a craftsman riding lawn mower and the engine runs rough - cutting in and out. The engine also backfires while driving. To date I've changed the fuel filter and spark plug. Any ideas? Thanks,

Sears Craftsman lawn mower, honda engine, engine starts then shuts off [ 1 Answers ]

Mower starts on first pull then dies when choke returns to normal. Mower has only been used twice

Lawn mower engine help [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Craftsman 18.5hp with a B&S OHV engine. It started sputtering today. Now it will run for about 30 seconds and shut off. I've replaced fuel, fuel filter, eliminated the soliniod on the carb bowl with no luck. It does have a black round device on the side of the engine that that the fuel...

Lawn Mower Engine [ 2 Answers ]

I have a lot of smoking coming from my lawn mower engine and when I remove the front muffler there is oil in the muffler and leaking from the muffler pipe. What is the problem?

View more questions Search