Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shilohplace Posts: 7, Reputation: 1
    Interpreter for deaf and DYI person

Jul 16, 2015, 08:52 PM
    Need to lose 5 lbs in 3 weeks for photo shoot
    What is the best way someone can recommend for 5 lb weight loss in 3 weeks with full workout. Thanks
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 17, 2015, 05:28 AM
    Eat less!
    When I was in intense pain, I lost one pound a day for 18 days. Extreme, but it can be done. I wasn't even working out. I lived on broth.

Since you will be working out, just cut out all sugars, all white flour, and all processed foods. Prepare a meal and eat only half of it, saving the other half for another meal. Drink tons of fluids. You need them to 'burn' calories, literally.
    shilohplace Posts: 7, Reputation: 1
    Interpreter for deaf and DYI person

Jul 17, 2015, 07:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    Eat less!
    When I was in intense pain, I lost one pound a day for 18 days. Extreme, but it can be done. I wasn't even working out. I lived on broth.

Since you will be working out, just cut out all sugars, all white flour, and all processed foods. Prepare a meal and eat only half of it, saving the other half for another meal. Drink tons of fluids. You need them to 'burn' calories, literally.
    Will do, sound like a plan. Thank you
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 17, 2015, 08:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    Eat less!

I agree, but I also disagree. Some of this advice can be extremely dangerous. Most broths are very high in sodium, a/k/a salt. This can cause a person to gain water weight.

Prepare healthy meals, be careful of carbs and sodium. Eat until you are satisfied, not "full." Cardio exercise such as walking.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 17, 2015, 01:01 PM
    Homemade broth. I wasn't suggesting it; just showing that 5 lbs in 3 weeks is easy.

(I was in so much pain I couldn't use the toilet without screaming. Vicodin only helped me hobble a few feet and sleep for 2.5 hours. Peristalsis stopped. Laxatives didn't work. All worked again after the pain went down and I could stop the Vicodin.)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How can I lose 40 lbs? [ 5 Answers ]

Long story short: used to be super athletic... way back when... eventually became 205 lbs... got injured with my right knee, my weight shot up due to bad eating habits and injury to 240 lbs. I tried doing If it fits your macros and bought a scale, got the calories/ macros right and on point, was...

Photo Shoot [ 0 Answers ]

According to Islam, Are we allowed to have photos shot in our wedding ceremonies?

How would I lose 80-90 lbs. [ 3 Answers ]

I'm still in school and my low self confidence and my weight issues have been interfering with my classes. All I think about during classes is how fat I am or how the thinner girls must be laughing at me. I'm turning 13, I'm 5'3" last time I checked and weigh about 195 lbs.. I'm really embarrassed...

I need to lose 150 lbs [ 3 Answers ]

I Have Let Myself Go And I Now Weigh 300 .im 5 Ft 7 In Tall. Im Not Ugly And I Know If I Lost This Weight I Would Look And Feel So Much Better, I Look At Myself And I Get So Depressed . Where Do I Start? What Do I Do? I Have High Blood Pressure So I Can't Take Diet Pills. Please Help Me :(

Want to lose 20 lbs in at least 3 or 4 weeks but temporarily restricted from walking [ 2 Answers ]

How can I lose 20lbs in 3 of 4 weeks? I just had surgery on my leg so I'm kind of restricted from walking as much as I used to.

View more questions Search