Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jacobie123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2015, 06:18 PM
    My friend have been charged up with section 379 for shop lifting worth $150 in singap
    My friend have been charged up with section 379 for shop lifting worth $150
    In singapore and he was sentenced with the fine of $3000. He is a first time offender .the incident occurred in JANUARY and now on JULY his employer says the mom wants the employer to cancel his pass at the end of month JULY.he has no clue why the MOM asks his employer to cancel after 7 months of the incident? He has doubt on his employer.he thinks his employer wants him to shift to malaysia?
    Also the employer doesn't have work for my friend.Also now he got a new work for 1 month and says the MOM now has extended his stay for another 1 month till AUGUST end.
    And his employer is forcing him to go to malaysia instead of singapore?
    He thinks of applying for the pass through another employer
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2015, 06:51 PM
    He needs to see a lawyer ( or Solicitor). But I guess THEY are a foreign national... and if that's the case... THEY can and probably will be thrown out of the country for breaking the law, like most countries do to guest workers.
    jacobie123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2015, 06:59 PM
    Shoplifting effect on Employment Pass Singapore
    Hi ,
    My friend was caught shoplifting $150 worth clothing and was convicted in Singapore court with $3000 fine. He paid the fine.this incident occurred in January and he is continuing his job after that.
    1)will it be issue for him in future after some months his record will be pulled out by MOM and urging his employer to cancel the EP.
    2) if his EP is cancelled, can he re_apply EP after how many years or months?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2015, 07:24 PM
    AGAIN?. your friend was just charged with that on July 16.. didn't they learn their lesson the first time
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Aug 15, 2015, 08:59 PM
    It appars to me that OP is telling about the same incident OP posted about on July 16.

I assume "EP" stands for something like "employment pass", allowing the friend, who is from Malasia, to work in Singapore. But it is unclear who Mom is. Is she the friend's mother, or the mother of the employer?
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Aug 18, 2015, 12:25 PM
    This is a few days late, but maybe MOM means this:
    Ministry of Manpower
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 19, 2015, 02:45 AM
    He can or should try another employer, but Singapore is very very strict on foreigners working there. So a criminal act, even shopping lifting, is enough for his work papers to be revoked or not renewed. Perhaps even on blacklist.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shop lifting [ 9 Answers ]

My daughter is 16 and was just cought shoplifting she was with another 18yr old the combine total between the 2 was 400.00 neither of them have ever been in trouble for anthing with the law what do you think there outcome will be at there trails

Shop lifting [ 1 Answers ]

I am currently doing master in Australia, and two years ago when I was doing the bachelor in Netherlands. I did shop liffing in a dutch shop. The goods is around 60 euro. Later I was refined by the policeman and I wonder whether this criminal record will influence the apply of PR in Australia.

Shop lifting [ 1 Answers ]

I was caught while I'm exiting the store the walmart guy came & stop me &takeme in custody he call the police & police man give me a caution & free me I wantto knoe is this shop lifting incident will show on my record if yes then how long it will stay on my record

Shop lifting? [ 2 Answers ]

I stupidly tried to steal pregnancy test from CVS. I didn't take it out of the store though, because I saw that an employee had spotted me taking it out of the package & putting it in my pocket. So I started moving toward the exit door & the employee started to follow me out so I just threw it on...

Shop lifting [ 3 Answers ]

Someone, anyone I need some answers real fast. I'm in Canada and I was caught shop lifting. I was charged of course and I'm waiting for my court appearance, needless to say I'm scarred and the way I see it I should be. I have a bi polar disorder for the last 25 years. And for some stupid...

View more questions Search