Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mido2395 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2015, 01:11 PM
    15 year old international student in USA
    Hi,

Is it legal to send a 15 year old to study in USA? He is an international students, but his uncle and brother are with him
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 16, 2015, 01:13 PM
    As t hey are with relatives there shouldn't be a problem

Jul 16, 2015, 01:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    As t hey are with relatives there shouldn't be a problem

Thank you for your reply. The reason I am asking this question is that I heard that there should be a legal parent ( father or a mother) with the kid?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 16, 2015, 01:24 PM
    Really depends on your location and that of your studies.
    Would be best to ask your school for advice on this as they'll know your background.

Jul 16, 2015, 01:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    Really depends on your location and that of your studies.
    Would be best to ask your school for advice on this as they'll know your background.
    Thank you!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 16, 2015, 01:32 PM
    Here in the U.S. unless the child is a part of an international education program, the child will need a legal guardian to sign them up for school and be present for any medical care necessary.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I file 1040A as I am an international student and paying my Student loan in USA? [ 1 Answers ]

To,Atlanta Tax Expert Hi,I am an international student currently on OPT-F1 visa and working full time. I am paying my student loan in USA through citi bank.I am going to get the 1098e form from bank about $2800 interest or something.. I called many tax filers and telling me different forms.....

Can I file 1040A as I am an international student and paying my Student loan in USA. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi,I am an international student currently on OPT-F1 visa and working full time. I am paying my student loan in USA through citi bank.I am going to get the 1098e form from bank about $2800 interest or something.. I called many tax filers and telling me different forms.. I am so confused what...

International student forgot to file 8843 for previous year [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I have been in the US as an international student since 2005 fall, and am still currently enrolled. I had no income in the year 2007, and didn't file the corresponding 8843 in the year 2008, as no one in our school had told us about it, I have just filed my 8843 for this year though ( as...

Associate Degree in USA - First Year Student [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I completed Bachelor's degree in 2001 in India. I moved to USA and I am currently enrolled for Associate Degree in web design (shifting my career) and doing my first year. How should I refer myself? A College freshman/sophomore or a College Junior/Senior or a graduate? The dictionary meaning...

View more questions Search