Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Precious7 Posts: 333, Reputation: 61

Jul 16, 2015, 12:55 AM
    Dog whining suddenly!
    When I brought my pup for the first time. He was not at all whining when I use to leave him at home alone whenever I go out. Its been almost a year he is with me.
    And now suddenly I noticed that whenever I leave him at home, after I lock my door he whines, barks, cry and make noises. Why is this Change in his behavior?
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2015, 08:37 AM
    How old is he? If he’s young then it’s probably separation anxiety. If he’s older then it’s possible he wasn’t used to being alone. He had people or other animals to interact with. So he will adjust on his own time.

Dogs go through separation anxiety when the owners leave. The whining is a way to get attention. If you give him attention when he whines you are teaching him how to get your attention. So don’t give him attention for the whining. Also exercising him more helps as well. All the dogs that I’ve had they have all grown out of the separation anxiety. Punishment is not a good tool for attempting to make the whining go away. There are probably lots of tools if you were to Google this.
    Precious7 Posts: 333, Reputation: 61

Jul 16, 2015, 10:45 PM
    I see! He is almost 2 years!
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 17, 2015, 05:20 AM
    Being alone all day is tough on dogs. Consider paying for a doggie day care twice a week, or hire someone to take him for a walk mid-day.

Has he been neutered? That will have effects on his behavior.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to stop a dog whining at night [ 2 Answers ]

I have recently got a 14 month old husky She is continuously trying to escape from the backyard, so sadly we have had to connect two chains to a pole and to her collar for when we are not in the backyard, not home and at night. So when we are home and she is chained up, same at night she is...

6 YO Dog Limping & Whining? [ 2 Answers ]

We have an almost 6-year-old Lab/Golden mix. For about a month she has been limping when getting up. I thought arthritis. Starting last evening she has been whining and won't step on that paw/leg. She will let us touch it and nothing feels out of the ordinary. We do have a vet appointment...

Dog whining in crate [ 12 Answers ]

My 1 1/2 yr. old daschund sleeps in a crate at night and has always done good sleeping 7 to 8 hours a night. Just this last week he has started whining and yipping during the night in his crate. Starts anywhere between 2:00 am to 4:00 am. There has been no change in his routine and I can't seem...

Dog is whining while eating [ 3 Answers ]

I've noticed over the past few weeks that my dog is whining (as if in pain) while feeding on dry food. I usually feed him dry food and he eats at a fast pace. At first it would happen occasionally, but now it happens almost every feeding. Some things I've noticed while he's eating: his...

View more questions Search