Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ridgerunr21769 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2015, 02:07 PM
    How to adjust carburetor on craftsman eager -1 5hp push mower
    Need to adjust the carborator on a craftsman eager-1 push mower. 5 hp ,model # 917386140. There is two screws and I'm not sure which one is for what but do know the screws have been messed with. I did have it running and made a few passes in our yard, ran a total of about half hour then it died out. Almost like if it had run out of gas. From then on I would prime,pull, and it would run a few seconds then die. My 20 year old son, God bless his heart tried helping by YouTube and adjusting the carb. Well it don't run at all now. Prime it, pull cord and it chuggs a couple seconds then dies. That's all I can say Please someone help! Lol
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2015, 04:33 PM
    Hi Ridgerunr, sounds like your carb needs a good cleaning, but to answer your question it should start with 1.5 to 2 turns out from closed. Then make needed adjustment to fine tune. Good luck
    Ridgerunr21769 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2015, 11:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by parttime View Post
    Hi Ridgerunr, sounds like your carb needs a good cleaning, but to answer your question it should start with 1.5 to 2 turns out from closed. Then make needed adjustment to fine tune. Good luck
    Thank you. Its running fine now. Again thanks for the help
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2015, 01:15 PM
    Your welcome, come back with any question or jump in and answer questions to help out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

917256810 craftsman mower 15.5hp [ 1 Answers ]

Engine runs but won't move or even try to move. I hadn't heard any signs of transmission probs. What belts control this?

Carburetor Schematic (Craftsman Eager-1 Mower) [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Craftsman Eager-1 Mower (mdl.9173827.11) I installed a new carburetor and have apparently gotten crossed up on the hookup of the governor. It starts without effort but runs very slow. Can anyone send me a schematic on the correct hookup of the governor and the carb linkage? Thanks

Craftsman Eager-1 push mower [ 4 Answers ]

Craftsman Eager-1 push mower is cranking, runs for a little then shuts off. What cause this? I have replaced the spark plug. Where do I go from there?

Craftsman push mower [ 1 Answers ]

Our craftsman push mower starts by pull string, then putts out, does not stay idle. The gas and oil are good, also a new spark plug was put in. any suggestions.

Carburetor settings on Craftsman Eager-1? [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone have a Craftsman Eager-1 lawn mower. I disassembled the carburetor and I can't remember the settings for the throttle and governor switch. Now it runs but is continually dying until I reprime and start back up. UGHH! You don't need to know anything about the carb.. . Just a picture...

View more questions Search