Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 14, 2015, 07:15 PM
    We have a deal!
    Well folk, after many long months Iran has agreed to a deal to curb its nuclear bomb program.

Iran nuclear deal: Fine 'new chapter' or 'historic mistake'?

Something tells me that was the easy part and the hollering is going to get LOUD!
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2015, 08:30 PM
    Does anyone actually believe Iran will do ANYTHING they promised? I don't.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2015, 09:40 PM
    What you have is an end to external hot air and the beginning of internal hot air. There is a lot of smoke and mirrors here
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2015, 04:41 AM
    Not mentioned in the deal is that the Iranians are still holding at least 4 US hostages . Not mentioned is the Iranians being the lead state sponsor of terrorism. Not mentioned is the no accounting for the lion's share of US deaths in Iraq directly caused by Iranian providing road side explosive devises to our enemies in Iraq. Not mentioned is that there is very little inspection power to verify compliance.

You want hollering ? Ok I'm hollering at the Repubic leadership in Congress that surrendered their constitutional authority under Article II, Section 2, Clause 2. That's why the emperor can boast about a veto if the Senate votes the 'treaty 'down.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2015, 06:02 AM
    Hello:

Couple things... This ISN'T about hostages, and it ISN'T about believing the Iranians.

excon
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2015, 07:47 AM
    Why would he make a deal while Americans are being held hostage ? Why would he make a deal if there is not a legitimate verification process ? Why would he make a deal when the political leaders of the country chant in the halls of Parliament "DEATH TO AMERICA " !

Name:  RAMclr-071515-wanted-IBD-COLOR-FINAL.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  119.1 KB

Meanwhile a blast from the past ......the last time we made an agreement with a rogue nation about their nuclear program .
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TcbU5jAavw
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2015, 08:26 AM
    Well that op-ed cartoon is certainly based on ignorance, right from its first sentence.
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2015, 09:10 AM
    Iran certainly got everything they wanted in the deal . Are you saying the emperor didn't ? The emperor's flunkies are all over the news saying this was the best deal they could get and the alternative was war . They say this eases tensions in the region. But the only tensions eased are the ones that the Iranians created with their violence and their threats of violence. The Iranians have backed up their threat of violence and their will to use it . But not using violence against the 12ers and their terrorist regime is the one red line the emperor stands by.
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2015, 09:47 AM
    oh yeah i forgot . The emperor gets his "legacy " ;although it is still far from clear why he wants a rapprochement with Iran .I still predict he will try some Nixonian visit to Tehran before the end of the term so he can bow to Grand Ayatollah Ali Hosseini Khamenei in person.
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2015, 09:51 AM
    Your hate is felt from here. Hope you give it up soon, it'll eat you up inside. There's more to life.
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2015, 11:01 AM
    at least you have some rational actors in your foreign affairs .

Foreign Affairs Minister Rob Nicholson issued a statement saying that Canada “will continue to judge Iran by its actions not its words,” and that the government in Ottawa will examine the agreement carefully before making any policy changes.
    “We will examine this deal further before taking any specific Canadian action,” Mr. Nicholson said in the statement.
    That means Canada is refusing to follow the course set by its major allies............................................ ..............
    Mr. Harper’s government has also been sharply critical of Iran, and it suspended diplomatic ties, closing the embassy in Tehran in 2012.
    Canada to keep sanctions against Iran despite nuclear deal - The Globe and Mail
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2015, 01:11 PM
    Hello tom:

This is simple... You ask, why he made the deal. I say, it's to avoid war.. Why are all the right wingers AGAINST the deal? I say it's cause they wanna BOMB Iran.

excon
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2015, 02:55 PM
    Let the middle east players bomb each other. Can't trust Israel either.
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2015, 03:23 PM
    Who can you trust?
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2015, 04:33 PM
    They both act like petulant children.
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2015, 06:30 PM
    I think ex is right another war led recovery has been averted, that isn't good for profits but let's get down to it, there is a time for everything and this is an idea whose time has come, decades of animosity have led nowhere or more accurately to proxy war until it is so confused the principle players find themselves fighting on the same side. It is time to stop playing the saudi game
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 15, 2015, 09:17 PM
    Well the Prez laid it out at a press conference, answered every question, and then had his own answers to even more questions the press didn't ask.

President Obama News Conference Iran Nuclear Deal | Video | C-SPAN.org

Meanwhile Netty, with 247 nukes of his own, and Big Brother USA at his side, still cries foul. Europe, Russia, China and the UN all agree. DONE DEAL!
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2015, 11:32 PM
    Some people are just noisy when they loose the argument, look he may be right, this maybe another Chamberlain moment, but realistically short of all out war, you couldn't stop them anyway, so this is something better than nothing
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2015, 02:12 AM
    DONE DEAL!
    Yup ,an Iranian nuke in the most volitile region of the world . Yup the end of any non-proliferation efforts worldwide . Yup ,a nuclear arms race in the Middle East . Yup ,the end of any US influence in one of the most important regions of the world .Yup ,throwing our most reliable ally in the region under the bus and aligning ourselves with a Persian empire that we help create . Yup throwing our soldiers under the bus who were killed ,wounded and maimed by Iranians and their surrogates going back 30 years .
    Yup leaving American hostages behind .
    The emperor is a schmuck !

This is simple... You ask, why he made the deal. I say, it's to avoid war..
    Nope ,he wants America out of the Middle East and he needs a hegemon to replace us .So he's inventing one. War is not avoided . He will continue to wage war behind the drones and make believe he ended war . He has just made the region less stable . Within a decade or 2 the Iranian nuke will be on ICBM warheads . The safeguards he outlined are a joke . For sanctions to return ,a committee that includes Iranian reps will have to approve them . For the Iranian efforts at stalling and digging in their heals ,they are being rewarded with $150 billion ;which if it were in proportion to the US economy would be an $8 trillion infusion into their economy . They won't be using that money to improve the lives of their citizens . What money doesn't line the pockets of the Mullah's will be used by them to continue to export their Iranian Revolution.
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2015, 04:13 AM
    Yup ,an Iranian nuke in the most volitile region of the world .
    Nope, actually it's the opposite.You're getting wrong information somewhere.
    Yup the end of any non-proliferation efforts worldwide .
    Wrong again.
    Yup ,a nuclear arms race in the Middle East . Yup ,the end of any US influence in one of the most important regions of the world .
    Why is it one of the most important regions? I don't think so.
    Yup ,throwing our most reliable ally in the region under the bus and aligning ourselves with a Persian empire that we help create .
    Wrong again. It's an attempt at peace.

The emperor is a schmuck !
    No you are. See how we can all play that childish game?

Nope ,he wants America out of the Middle East
    Wonderful!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to deal with 14 yr old? [ 4 Answers ]

My sister is 14 (just) and she's actually been like this for a while now, even before she hit her teens although it has escalated in the last year or so. At her old school, she actually got kicked out and sent to an alternative school at the age of 12 for violence (getting in fights, etc). She...

How to deal with someone like this? [ 1 Answers ]

Here we go may be a little long. First let me say what is good about the gf/bf. They are always respectful to your face, always treats you with utmost kindness, very loving and able to show affection, will defend you and not allow any unkind word to you. Willing to drop anything when you call. ...

How to deal with this [ 12 Answers ]

Recently, I had posted a "problem" regarding my fear of my husbands unknown death. He has not died, but I was afraid of that since I had recently quit my job and we had no life insurance. Well, since then I went to Florida to help take care of my mom whom has lung cancer. I was okay the first...

How do you deal with this? [ 23 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, If you have any kind of disability where it makes you look different and when going to a restaurant someone laughs or stares at you, what would you do? Now to make this situation even worse what if you had some teens taking a picture of you on their cell phone and laughing and...

View more questions Search