Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NatashaBurrows Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2015, 07:39 AM
    Is it true that a tongue piercing heals in 14 days??
    I wanna get my tongue pierced but i am going into yr 11 in September
    any one know???
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jul 13, 2015, 08:17 AM
    A tongue piercing, if kept clean and following the post piercing care instructions provided, will heal on it's own time frame. You are wounding your body and that will take time to heal, especially one so muscular. Two weeks should have it healed, but that is assuming a lot.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 13, 2015, 08:21 AM
    No that isn't true. You are too young to have your tongue pierced especially when your oral structure has not reached its adult stage.

A tongue piercing comes with a lot of downside. You will not be able to talk properly for a few weeks as the piercing will impede your speech pattern and don't get me started on mouth infections and teeth breakage.

Tongue piercings have to heal in a wet environment which is a long process depending on what you eat, and how well you adhere to instruction.
    NatashaBurrows Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2015, 04:09 AM
    Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why is my tongue still hard on top and bottom of my tongue piercing [ 0 Answers ]

I got my tongue pierced 3 weeks ago I believe its healed but through the top and bottom it is really hard and its making it so the bar feels short and tight. Why is it like that? I don't think its infected because there's no puss but my tongue won't go down its really hard :(

Tongue piercing, need answers, swollen tongue, don't know what to do, is this normal? [ 5 Answers ]

I got my tongue pierced 5 days ago, and its still really swollen, I can't talk properly, can't eat and its sooooo uncomfortable. There is also stuff that looks furry all over my tongue, I went back to my piercer and he said just to clean it with a soft bristle toothbrush, but it still comes back. I...

Tongue piercing rubber band from spacer stuck in tongue [ 3 Answers ]

6 years ago had my tongue pierced, no problems; about 3 months afterwards, I used a clear spacer w/clear small rubber band to keep it open---well, the piercing got extremely sore and when I went to take the spacer out, it seems that the clear rubber band either got stuck while taking the spacer...

Tongue Piercing, white tongue, ulcer spot? [ 3 Answers ]

Pierced it 5 days ago. Situated in front of the pierced hole, there is what appears to be an 'ulcer' type looking spot. Can anyone shed some light for me please?:(

5 Days till Tongue Piercing. [ 30 Answers ]

I am going to get my tongue pierced in like 5 days and i was wondering if there were any tips or anything that i could get that might help me take proper care of my piercing. I've done heaps of research on tongue piercings and aftercare instructions but any more advice would be great. Cheers.

View more questions Search