Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    samantham08 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2015, 05:47 PM
    Cartilage piercing
    I got my cartilage pierced yesterday and I was curious as to how long it will take till I can sleep on it. I was also curious as to how I should clean it. I was told to not turn it or push it back and forth. I am mixing hot water and sea salt and also using spectrogel. Any other suggestions to speed up the process?
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jul 13, 2015, 08:34 AM
    I am assuming that the above are the directions that you got from your piercer? That should be fine, it will vary as to how long until you can sleep on your side. Depends on healing rate and your pain threshold.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 13, 2015, 09:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by samantham08 View Post
    I got my cartilage pierced yesterday and I was curious as to how long it will take till I can sleep on it. I was also curious as to how I should clean it. I was told to not turn it or push it back and forth. I am mixing hot water and sea salt and also using spectrogel. Any other suggestions to speed up the process?
    I don't know who suggested Spectrogel because it has no topical benefits for a piercing. It is mainly used for blemished skin. Expensive.

I would go only with the sea salt and warm water applications, any time you think of it, not only as an AM or PM ritual. Always use a clean applicator, never the same one unless it has been washed out thoroughly.

Don't sleep on it until it is perfectly comfortable to do so.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does a Tragus piercing hurt more than a cartilage piercing? [ 5 Answers ]

I'm dying to get my Tragus pierced ! I have a cartilage peircing and honestly it was just a little Pinch 1-10 on pane scale 10 being most I would say 3-4 but I'm really scared to get my Tragus pierced does it hurt worse than the cartilage piercing ?

Cartilage piercing [ 2 Answers ]

I got my cartilage piercing about 1 1/2 weeks ago and it is still red and swollen. I rub the sterile saline on it twice a day. Should I be starting to worry that the piercing is infected?

Cartilage Piercing! [ 0 Answers ]

I just got my cartilage pierced on the 28th of January so I know it should still be slightly sore etc.. I'm kind of worried though because my top part of my ear is slightly purple like blood isn't getting to it and the piercing hole is quite nippy and pulses. It's a ring I have and is really...

Cartilage piercing [ 3 Answers ]

I am getting my cartilage pierced and I was wondering what the pain was like e.g bee sting pinch... And also how long will it hurt for.

Cartilage Piercing [ 3 Answers ]

I'm planning to get my cartilage pierced but I was wondering if anyone who got their belly button pierced has also gotten their cartilage done because I want to know about the pain and I got my belly button done with very little discomfort... so if anyone has gotten both done I would love your...

View more questions Search