Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Idrees Posts: 52, Reputation: 3

Jul 10, 2015, 03:12 AM
    How can I transfer LG TV's recorded programs to PC
    I've LG TV 42LB5820-TB. I connected external USB HDD 1 TB. TV initialized the external hard drive & now I am able to record TV programs on it & play it on the same TV as well. But when I connected the hard drive to my laptop it showed drive letter but the hard drive was inaccessible. May be LG TV formatted it in a file system that my windows laptop can't recognize.

Please tell me how I can transfer recorded program to my laptop running windows 7. if anybody knows the solution I'll be very thankful to you.
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

Jul 12, 2015, 06:22 AM
    Your manual should tell you what file systems the TV is capable of identifying for the usb connection (fat fat32 ntfs etc.). You can try formatting the drive (lose your recordings) then initialize it with the PC not the TV and if when connected back to the TV it initializes it again try to record a few minutes and then try the PC again. If no go, contact LG for info. I see it records in Divx, do you have Divx HD codec on your PC? You can also copy a few video files to a flash drive (avi mp4 mkv wmv divx etc.) from the PC and then see which ones the TV can recognize when plugged into the TV. Did the TV come with a disc for installing software on other devices that can connect? There is a picture on the manufacturers site that shows a PC, Tablet, and smart phone connected to the TV. What happens if you connect the PC to the TV can you see the drive from there?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HOW TO transfer recorded movies from dstv explorer or PVR?? [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to transfer recorded movies or soapies from a dstv explorer or PVR to a memory stick?? PLEASE HELP A GAL

Can I get help paying my restitution from any government programs or court programs? [ 1 Answers ]

Can I get help paying my restittution from any government program or court program? I have a hit and run for car damage no injuries

Can we transfer 40K from Brazil.. via wire transfer? [ 2 Answers ]

My wife's sister in Brazil needs to send her portion of a property that was sold... can she wire transfer the amount of $40K to her American Bank account... are there anything or conditions that we need to know?

How can I revoke a 'transfer on death' deed in Texas that has been recorded? [ 3 Answers ]

My Mom wants to change the beneficiary of a Gift Deed of property recorded in a TOD in her Will. How can she revoke this in Texas?

How to change rar programs into zip programs [ 5 Answers ]

I would like to ask how can I change the rar files into a zip files in my PC and then move then to my phone because my phone is not accepting any rar file and I would like to download some programs as the unidictionary and a recorder without peeb so please help meeeeeeeee.

View more questions Search