Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leo553 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2015, 07:44 AM
    SBA Nightmare
    To make an extremely long story short - We have an SBA disaster loan we obtained after our house was flooded in 2005. We rebuilt, and paid on the loan faithfully. Then the house flooded again in 2009. With the cost of renting another place to live, dealing with BOA (who held the first mortgage and kept the insurance pay out in full and did not settle with SBA on any of it), losing a job and being unemployed for several years. We used the insurance pay out for the contents to buy another house, and have had to buy furniture slowly. We haven't paid a thing on this loan since the second flood. We have spoken with MANY attorney's who just tell us they have no idea what to do with it. The Feds have kept a couple years worth of tax returns, and the balance has just increased. Now I own a property that has a house shell structure that continues to get vandalized and broken into. We have to go check it (and usually call the police) and we have to maintain insurance due to the SBA loan. The property is just a drain now. Now we are getting notices of intent to garnish. It takes what we make just live, eat, and pay the bills. We don't buy extravagant things or take vacations (At all). Surely there is SOMETHING that can be done?
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2015, 08:48 AM
    I am not a small business loan expert but have you made an offer of compromise, considered bankruptcy, or offered a different payment plan? For bankruptcy if you put on an personal property to guarantee the loan, you might lose it in the proceedings. Also I thought there was a term limit to filling a suit to collect on the loan? You need to start something because the Government might go for garnishing your wages next and it could be as high as 25% I think. As you know these things don't just go away on their own.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cisco sba [ 0 Answers ]

Addressing scheme for lan using 192.168.1.0/24 HQ router then remote router 1 with 27 and 5 hosts, remote router 2 with 30 and 12 host using vlsm

Delinquent SBA loan payments [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, In early 2006 I received a disater SBA loan due to Hurrican Katrina. In the late summer of 2008, I got behind on my payments. I then called SBA to ask if there was a payment plan I can get on to be able to catch up with the late payments and I was told no. In October 2008 I received a...

Sba loan [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I have a SBA loan from last 7 years. I paid for first 5 years. From last 2 years I stop making any payment towards my loan. The bank who gave me the loan through SBA they got the judgment against me last year. Now they gave all the paper work to SBA for loan collection. The SBA gave paper...

Need an SBA loan [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: Is there a way to get an SBA loan with bad credit?

View more questions Search