Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    annfirst Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2015, 06:57 AM
    Can a probation officer make a parole spend 50,00 on tp paper , bleach and paper towe
    My son is on probation and is really having a hard time making ends meet, He is also mentally challenge, and has two tears in his shoulder and a back that was broken and has grown back wrong and causes so much pain for him... he has a new probation officer and he missed a payment due to no money, as I had made the last one,, His probation officer knew this.. as I told him... but he made him sit on a bench this past Monday July the 6th and would not let him even have bathroom privileges, My son was in a great deal of pain from the sitting all day, when he left the officer told him that he had to spend 50.00 on toilet paper, bleach, and paper towel and bring to him, next Wednesday..
    My son was a drug addict and did get in trouble but stayed in jail =, did his time, and now this probation officer who he has only had one month, is making it so hard on him I am scared he will start doing drugs again, what can I do,, He is going to have to have surgery on his shoulder and we go to a back surgeon on aug 11, 2015, I am terrified,,
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 8, 2015, 07:06 AM
    I'm sorry for this (and do know how pain can add to bad behavior, just from screaming at my pets or my house or car or self).
    But he didn't 'do his time' if he's on probation. It's a substitute for the full sentence.
    See if you can get his doctor to write a letter about sitting, bathroom breaks, and any other pertinent orders, and make several copies of it.
    I don't understand the required expenses, unless he made a total mess of the bathroom at the PO's office?
    annfirst Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2015, 10:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    I'm sorry for this (and do know how pain can add to bad behavior, just from screaming at my pets or my house or car or self).
    But he didn't 'do his time' if he's on probation. It's a substitute for the full sentence.
    See if you can get his doctor to write a letter about sitting, bathroom breaks, and any other pertinent orders, and make several copies of it.
    I don't understand the required expenses, unless he made a total mess of the bathroom at the PO's office?
    I do not understand it either, he was not allowed to go to the bathroom so he could not have made a mess, My heart is breaking as he does not have any money and they now have ordered him to buy all those products with a receipt of 50.00.. his body is broken and his mind is so challenged, I am 73 and only have my SS, I help him when I can, He lives is a camper,, he cannot drive, so I have to take him to all his doctors appointment.. I am at my wits end,,
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 8, 2015, 10:26 AM
    Does he owe restitution for a theft? Did he complain before this that the bathroom was dirty? Some part of his story might be missing. Sure, there are mean POs and there's a process to go over their heads but that can be a disaster.

We don't know how he acts around the PO. One remark the wrong way can cause stuff like this. The PO wants everyone to know that they can be violated and thrown back in jail.

Ask his doctor for a letter that he can only sit for 30 minutes at a time. (That's my order to myself - walk a little bit, sit a little, lie down a little).
    Get him a cheap child's inflatable life preserver to sit on (with only an inch or two of air in it). Might cost $2.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Difference between Parole officer & Probation officer [ 7 Answers ]

What is the difference between Parole officer & Probation officer? If anybody know about this, please let me know.

Probation/Parole Officer's Vendetta [ 1 Answers ]

If your probation/parole officer is human and does not like you, how do you get another officer assigned? What is the role/position of a probation/parole officer to get his client an address before violating for not having an address?

How long do I have to carry my discharge paper once I'm off parole ? [ 1 Answers ]

How long do I have to carry my discharge papers once I'm off parole ?

Canon i865 prints with a green cast on photo paper but OK on plain paper - any ideas. [ 1 Answers ]

Printer is several years old and has always performed properly until recently. I have tried under windows XP and win 7 and also on a new laptop and using different photo papers always get green tinged photos! I've used Canon's Easy Photoprint and also Photoshop CS3 - same green results but...

View more questions Search