Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DeBellm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2015, 05:15 PM
    Therapod mouth morphology
    I often see depictions of the larger therapod dinosaurs such as T Rex, Allosarus and such with the upper teeth extending over the lower lip and exposed. But I have noticed in photos that there seems to be holes running along the upper edge of the lower jaws. I was woundering if they might have had a lower lip that covered the upper teeth when the mouth was fully closed as in modern lizards. I like to draw animals, including dinosaurs, as accruately as possible.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 8, 2015, 11:17 AM
    Theropods were eating machines. Their teeth and jaw structure were designed for optimum ripping and tearing, therefore the tremendous over bite of steak-knife teeth. Bottom lips would hinder. Draw them as they are depicted which amounts to years of study coming to the conclusion that they were made that way for a purpose.

You might take note of crocodiles with their overbite and this animal hasn't changed much in a million years.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mouth [ 0 Answers ]

Is the my mouth infection really serious in back of my mouth on my wisdom tooth I havw like skin growing it looks bad and I have like beige little things.that look like rice I don't know if they are alive

Hi guys, please I have a total ABNORMAL morphology of 64%, total mortile cells of 75%, a [ 5 Answers ]

Hi guys, please I have a total ABNORMAL morphology of 64%, total mortile cells of 75%, a sperm count of 144 million cells which is said to be a normal sperm cell and volume after a semen analysis... but worried. Please can I impregnate my wife with this data presented?. I need an urgent answer...

I have a distressing mouth odour.I have gone to physician who washed my mouth but it' [ 2 Answers ]

I have a distressing mouth odour that any time I talk in front of people,they will start rubbing their nose.This is really affecting my social life strongly.I went to a physician who washed my gum but it's still persisting.It's like the odour is from my breath.Please,what do I do.This is seriously...

View more questions Search